Baked Honey Mustard Chicken – The classic combination of honey and mustard smothered all over tender chicken breasts and baked to a succulent perfection. A wonderful throw-together baked chicken dinner that’s really easy to make and it’s healthy!
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
Juicy and flavorful chicken breasts cooked in the most delicious honey mustard sauce.
Crispy golden brown skin and a bright sweet and savory sauce plus a side salad is all that you should want. You don’t need much else when simple ingredients and baked chicken breasts are this utterly perfect.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
- Prepare the honey mustard sauce, first: combine olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard, yellow mustard, vinegar, and paprika in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
We then have two choices here;
- A) Arrange the chicken breasts in a baking dish, pour the sauce over the chicken, and pop it in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- B) Brown chicken breasts in a skillet, first, just for few minutes on each side. Then, transfer chicken to a baking dish, pour over the sauce, and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Word of advice; you might want to double this Baked Honey Mustard Chicken recipe to be sure that you have enough for everyone to have seconds – it’s THAT good! I mean, what is better than saucy, tangy, sweet and savory chicken for dinner? Exactly!
CAN I USE CHICKEN THIGHS
Absolutely, but cooking times will vary. Use an instant read thermometer to check for doneness – safe internal temperature for cooked chicken is 165° Fahrenheit, or 75° Celsius.
HOW TO STORE COOKED CHICKEN LEFTOVERS
- Store chicken in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
MORE MUSTARD CHICKEN RECIPES
- One Pan Maple Mustard Chicken and Potatoes
- Crock Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- One Skillet Dijon Chicken with Mushrooms
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 (4 ounces each) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) chicken seasoning blend <-- click here for the recipe
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, optional but recommended
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet.
- Season chicken breasts all over with the chicken seasoning blend and add chicken breasts to the skillet; cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
In the meantime, prepare the honey mustard sauce.
- Combine 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, honey, mustards, white vinegar, and paprika in a small mixing bowl; whisk until well combined.
- Transfer chicken breasts from skillet to previously prepared baking dish.
- Pour prepared honey mustard sauce over the chicken breasts, turning chicken over so to cover each chicken breast entirely.
- Lay sprigs of rosemary between chicken breasts.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to bake for 15 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the size/thickness of the chicken.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.