This Mango Chicken salad has the most tender baked and sliced chicken breasts. They are served over a bed of lettuce and topped with diced mango, plus a fresh honey-lemon homemade dressing. It’s the perfect easy salad for lunch or a light dinner.
A Light and Easy Chicken Salad Recipe Bursting With Flavor!
Mango is one of my favorite fruit flavors. It’s sweet and tropical, but a little tart. It’s infamously great in both sweet and savory dishes – mango sorbet is just as good as mango salsa, ya feel me?
I came up with this recipe the other day while I was chowing down on my Mango Spinach Salad. (SO GOOD!) That salad is an easy and light side salad I love to have with chicken. The flavor combo is bonkers and it got me thinking of ways to combine those flavors in other recipes.
And then it hit me! Why not an entrée salad with mango and chicken? And so, my Mango Chicken Salad was born. 😍
This recipe is one part chicken, one part salad, and one part dressing. Everything comes together using these ingredients:
- cooked chicken breasts
- romaine lettuce
- baby spinach
- cherry tomatoes
- English cucumber
- red onion
- parsley or cilantro
For the Honey Lemon Dressing
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
How I Prepare Chicken Breasts for this Salad
This is one of my go-to meals to make when I have leftover chicken breasts. When you use precooked chicken breasts, prepping this salad takes just minutes.
Sometimes I’ll make my juicy baked chicken breasts on a Sunday for meal prepping, then on the weekday when I’m looking to assemble this salad, all I have to do is slice the precooked chicken breasts and toss ’em in.
To make tender oven baked chicken breasts, I use my favorite 20 minute brining trick. Then I season and bake my chicken breasts in a 425˚F oven for 20-25 minutes. They come out absolutely perfect and are so good on top of this flavor packed salad.
How to Make Mango Chicken Salad
- Cook a pound of chicken breasts, or grab a cooked rotisserie chicken from your nearby grocer.
- Add: Add chopped romaine lettuce and baby spinach to a large salad bowl.
- Top: Top your lettuce mixture with slices of chicken, diced mango, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and parsley or cilantro. Then, set it aside while you mix the dressing.
- Mix: In a separate mixing bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Taste it for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Drizzle: Drizzle your Honey Lemon Dressing over the salad and serve.
This salad makes a perfect lunch all on it’s own. It’s also a filling light dinner by itself. I like to pair a dinner salad with a hearty loaf of bread and a cup of Cauliflower Cheese Soup. It’s the ideal simple meal.
I’ll also mix up a big salad like this to serve at a dinner party or pot luck. That sweet honey-lemon dressing is always aaah-mazing.
How to Store Chicken Salad
- Once the salad is dressed, it isn’t really great for storing. The lettuce will get soggy and wilted. If you anticipate having extra salad, I would refrain from dressing the entire salad and instead dress each dish as you work with it.
- If the salad is not dressed, you can store the salad separate from the dressing in an airtight container. The salad will stay nice and fresh for about 2 to 3 days. The dressing will be good to use for about 10 to 14 days.
More Chicken Salad Recipes
- Apples and Cheddar Chicken Salad
- Rosemary Chicken Salad with Avocado and Bacon
- Classic Chicken Salad
Tools Used in this Recipe
Chicken Mango Salad
- 1 pound cooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 English Cucumber, sliced and cut into half moons
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup parsley or cilantro, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- Add chopped romaine lettuce and baby spinach to a large salad bowl.
- Top with cooked chicken slices, diced mango, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and parsley or cilantro. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Drizzle dressing over the salad.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
23 comments on “Mango Chicken Salad”
Do you know the calories for the dressing? Can’t wait to try this.
How do you Brine? help < Never did this
It’s a mixture of 4 cups warm water and 1/4 cup salt. Let the chicken breasts stay in the mixture/solution for at least 20 minutes before baking. You can follow this recipe on how to do it: https://diethood.com/oven-baked-chicken-breasts/