Taco Casserole made with layers of tortillas filled with a mixture of ground beef, spinach, tomatoes and cheeses.
Hi, my dears! Happy Sunday!
I need to get this off my chest – WHOA! What.A.Week.
First, my blog was hacked. Some really bored people decided to get into my site, despite all the securities I have installed, and did a bunch of damage on the back end. Don’t worry, it wasn’t a virus and you weren’t affected.
Then, because that wasn’t enough, after upgrading to the newer version of WordPress because the WordPress Gods told me to do it, I couldn’t log into my own blog to even write up a new post! Look around. The last time I posted was on the 30th of October… I never go this many days in between posts. Ugh.
Wait. There’s more. The authorities of this little town of ours decided to cancel Halloween because it was going to rain. Yes, rain. Cancelling because of rain. I still can’t wrap my head around that. When I was a kid, on Halloween I ran from house to house in rain, snow and sleet… I survived. And had fun! However, the great people of my subdivision decided to go against the committee and we had Halloween on the day of! #TeamPeople!
Here are my two lovelies – one was a Fairy Princess and the other a lil’ Witch. 😀
Not very photogenic, now, are they. 😉 I’m in their face with a camera all the time and now they hate me for it. Whatever!
For the record; the rain came the next day! The day that they had rescheduled for. That was probably karma telling them to slow down.
In other news, I made this amazing Taco Casserole and had to share it with you! I really didn’t think it was going to be something that would WOW me, but it did. I mean, it really, really did. Flavorful, filling and delicious. And easy, of course! It’s just layer after layer of tortillas and an incredibly delicious filling made with beef, spinach, tomatoes and cheeses. Comfort meal, perfect for the gloomy weather that has already arrived.
ENJOY and thanks for listening to my sob story(ies)! 😀
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1- pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tomatoes , diced
- 1 poblano pepper , diced
- 1 bag (9-oz.) fresh spinach
- butter for dish
- 4 six-inch tortillas
- 1-1/2 cups mixture of shredded cheddar and monterey jack cheese
- Avocado Slices
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add beef, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook until meat is browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add diced tomatoes and diced pepper; continue to cook for 6 to 7 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in fresh spinach and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
- Remove from heat.
- Coat a 2-quart or 3-quart baking dish with butter.
- Cover the bottom of baking dish with a layer of the meat mixture.
- Top with 1 tortilla.
- Repeat layers, but top each layer with cheese mixture before adding the tortilla.
- Finish off by spreading the remaining meat mixture on top and the remaining of the cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes; remove cover and continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with slices of avocado, cherry tomatoes and tortilla chips.