Sheet Pan Lime Chicken Nachos – Easy to make, fun, delicious nachos baked on a sheet pan and loaded with beans, corn, chicken, and cheese! Perfect for entertaining a crowd!
Raise your hand if you love nachos. *me me me!*
Hello, pals! This post is sponsored by my friends at Bush Brothers & Company and their well known BUSH’S® Beans just in time for all the picnics and outdoor fun that I can’t wait to happen.
Also, I am here, calling all my nacho-people to the table! These Sheet Pan Lime Chicken Nachos are what you need. No, I mean it. These nachos are your new besties.
When I think of nachos, I think back to like a few weeks ago, day of Cinco de Mayo, when I was staring at this sheet pan, and looking to find some self control so not to inhale it all before getting to the party. Just think of this: you, sitting outside on your porch with a colorful assortment of all good food baked on top of your semi-homemade, browned, crispy tortilla chips. Plus, a tall glass of iced tea to wash it all down… yes, yes, that was me!
Thus, today I am sharing with you that super simple and classic recipe for nachos topped with corn, cheese, tomatoes, BUSH’S® Black Beans, and lime-marinated chicken.
Beans easily rank up there as one of my favorite foods. I have chilled with a can of BUSH’S® Black Beans during a few of my many Netflix marathons. Others prefer potato chips, but I’m cool with reaching for BUSH’S® Beans. Those little guys are packed with protein and fiber, but most of all, they are packed with deliciousness and you can’t argue with delicious. That creamy taste and texture is like no other. If you’ve had BUSH’S® Black Beans, then you definitely know what I’m talking about:
Undeniably amazing ✔
While clearly awesome on their own, they’re also great in soups, rice, salads, and obviously, in these Sheet Pan Lime Chicken Nachos.
I adore these nachos for many reasons, one of those being that you can make them your own. For instance, I like to use gluten-free flour tortillas, cut them up into eighths and give ’em a nice crisp in the oven. You, my friends, can take the easy route and just reach for the tortilla chips, if you want to, or follow my lead.
In the meantime, I prepare some chicken marinated in lime juice and olive oil, and throw it on a grill pan until golden and lovely.
Our next step involves bringing all those good things together, layering them on top of our crisped up tortilla chips and giving it all some time to team up inside the oven.
A garnish of tomatoes, more black beans, sour cream, and avocado ties it all together. The combo is SO easy, but it’s SO good that I can’t keep it hidden.
These nachos have so.much.flavor. Like a ridiculous amount. The juicy tomatoes, the lime chicken, the red onions, the creamy beans, the crunchy corn!! It’s all SO perfect! There is a boatload of cheese, too, in case you didn’t notice.
The real deal here is that there are layers of veggies and proteins on top of our nachos. Obviously, this is good for us.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Sheet Pan Lime Chicken Nachos
- 2 to 3 (10 ounces) chicken breasts*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 lime zested
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 6 low carb whole wheat flour tortillas** cut into triangle wedges
- 1 cup canned sweet corn kernels, rinsed
- 1 can BUSH’S® Black Beans, rinsed, divided
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup low fat shredded mexican-blend cheese
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1 avocado chopped, for garnish
- parsley or cilantro, for garnish
- light sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large ziploc bag, combine chicken, lime juice, lime zest, sugar, salt, pepper, and garlic; close the bag and shake it around until well combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Spray indoor grill pan with cooking spray, and preheat on the stovetop over medium high heat for about one minute.
- Place chicken on the hot grill pan; cook for 4 minutes on both sides.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before shredding.
- Transfer chicken to the oven and cook for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Cut the flour tortillas into triangle wedges and arrange on a lightly greased 11 x 13 baking sheet.
- Spray the flour tortillas with cooking spray and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove tortilla chips from oven and preheat the oven temperature to 400F.
- Top prepared tortilla chips with corn, BUSH’S® Black Beans, tomatoes, prepared shredded chicken, and cheese.
- Bake nachos for 15 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and garnish with chopped onions, avocado, and parsley or cilantro.
- Serve with light sour cream on the side.