Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry – Sweet and sour, garlicky and delicious, this Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry is so easy to make and it only takes 20 minutes from start to finish!
I’m so hungry for this Shrimp and Broccoli Stir Fry, my belly thinks my throat’s been cut off.
It felt good getting that out there. I hope I didn’t hurt your ears!
Hey Hey, pals! How are YOU? Happy day, Happy Wednesday!
Lemme tell you… I swear on this pile of blog-grocery-receipts sitting next to me that life does not get busier than in the month of September. I don’t know if the Holiday Season can even amount to the month that kids go back to school, back to sports, back to life, back to reality. I’m over.it.
That’s a lie. I don’t cook dinners, daily. Every other day, maybe, but not every single day. That’s pushin’ it.
I do cook every day. It’s how I get to hang out with YOU! High FIVE!
Since I am pretty sure that your life looks very similar to mine – unless your kids are grown, you’ve retired, and are living at a Five Star Resort – I wanted to share my version of this ever so popular Chinese dish that is quick to make, tasty as can be, but the picky eaters won’t even think about touching it. Apparently, shrimp isn’t as popular as chicken nuggets among the 3 to 6 age group. Just an FYI.
I really want you to make this. I don’t ask for much, do I? Other than wanting you to make every single recipe I post.
I’m also looking for laughter, affirmation, and pins. Kidding! Almost… 😉
Also? I’m leaving for Denver tomorrow. That means I have to fly, which means I am terrified. Prayers, please!
P.S. I want you to use fresh shrimp. Don’t look at what I used. I do things to make pretty-errr pictures, remember?
Okay, Buh Bye!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE SHRIMP AND BROCCOLI STIR FRY
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (you can use minute-rice)
- 1 bag (16-ounces) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste (easy on the salt)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil , divided
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce OR Bragg's Liquid Aminos - has less sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- crushed red pepper , optional
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- In the meantime, combine shrimp and cornstarch in a bowl; mix to combine and let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat a wok or a skillet over high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and add shrimp; season with salt and pepper and cook for 4 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan and stir in garlic; cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add broccoli and continue to cook for about a minute.
- Stir in shrimp, soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey; bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook for 1 minute or until shrimp are opaque and broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in crushed red pepper, if using, and serve over rice.
WW SmartPoints; 11
TOOLS USED IN RECIPE:
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy