Zucchini Noodles are prepared in a delicious, low-carb, healthy stir fry made with spiralized zucchini and onions tossed with teriyaki sauce and toasted sesame seeds.
If you’ve never tried Zoodles, a.k.a. zucchini noodles, OMG! You.are.missing.out!
But, hey hey hey, sweet friends! TGIF! Weekend plans include catching up with my DVR (I’m seriously itching for a Real Housewives marathon), then coffeeing with my lovely friends, and I’m also thinking about possibly sleeping in 2 days in a row. I’m dreamin’ big!
In other news, I’m spiralizing zucchini and making you believe that you’re eating noodles! Scouts honor, the texture is so spot on that you’ll definitely trick yourself into believing that you’re slurping up pasghetti. You’ll see.
Zucchini noodles, also known as “zoodles,” are a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pasta. Made from spiralized zucchini, these noodles have a similar texture to spaghetti but are much lower in carbohydrates and calories. They are also a great source of fiber and vitamins!
How To Make Zoodles
- To make zucchini noodles, you will need a spiralizer, which can be found online, ranging from $12.99 to $99.99.
- Simply wash and trim the ends of your zucchini and run it through the spiralizer to create long, spaghetti-like noodles.
- Zucchini noodles can be served raw or cooked, depending on your preference. They can be sautéed with your favorite pasta sauce, or stir fried to make a simple and refreshing dish.
- They also make a great base for salads, soups, and stir-fries, obvi.
- One thing to keep in mind when cooking zucchini noodles is that they release a lot of water, so it’s best to cook them for a short time and to drain them well before serving.
Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles
There’s so much of good stuff going on in here, guys. And it’s soooo easy to make! And and! It all takes about 20 minutes. Winning!
Sidenote: I have to brag because this was my first time that I worked with onions and didn’t cry. The spiralizer held it all in and just let me be free. From the bottom of my tear ducts, thank you.
Secondly, how pretty are these zoodles? RIGHT? All I wanted to do was just toss them into pasta sauce and go at it. BUT I held back because I was really looking forward to this stir fry.
Can I just tell you about how absurdly delicious this was? At first, I didn’t have very big expectations for this meal, but man was I wrong! Friends, this was freakin’ awesome! AND it’s not delivery. It’s homemade. High-Five!
Overall, zucchini noodles are a versatile and nutritious ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. They are a great way to add some extra vegetables to your diet and to switch things up from traditional pasta. So why not give them a try and see for yourself?
More Zoodles Recipes
Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 yellow onions, spiralized
- 4 small zucchini, spiralized, patted dry with paper towels
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat oil in a wok set over medium heat.
- Add the spiralized onions and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until translucent and tender.
- Stir in the zucchini and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, and sesame seeds; mix and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove from heat.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.