You only need 30 minutes to make this easy Chicken Zoodle soup in your Instant Pot! Healthy, filling and so delicious. A perfect keto friendly lunch or dinner idea.
I DID IT! I used my pressure cooker and didn’t burn down da hauz!
HELLO, friends! Hope you’re having a wonderful Sunday! I just got back from Punta Cana last night and can hardly keep my eyes open, however, this soup is something I have to share before I head back to the couch and feed my news-obsessed self with all this politics.
But for now, let’s work on our dinner. Dinner that can now be in our lives for forever and always because, it’s easy, it’s super fast, and it’s SO goooood!
This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS! Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Remember couple of weeks back when I shared about my Crock Pot Garlic Lime Chicken instant-pot-story? Guys, I can still see some spots that I missed on the ceiling… ugh. BUT mistakes are lessons in disguise, and trust me, lesson.learned. I read the manual from front to back, and back to front, and in the end, there’s really nothing to it. Patience is a virtue, one that I must start to practice.
Anywho. Read the manual, friends.
What You’ll Need to Make Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup:
- STAR Olive Oil with Fresh Rosemary ✔
- Red Onions ✔
- Garlic ✔
- Carrots ✔
- Celery ✔
- Banana Peppers ✔
- Jalapeno Pepper (optional) ✔
All the needed extra flavors are packed inside this bottle. The aroma and fresh flavor of rosemary is the ultimate addition to our Chicken Zoodle Soup. We’re going to sautee all our veggies in it, but we’re also going to add a hint of it at the end as the ideal garnish.
After a few minutes of sautee, we’re going to add a layer of chicken breasts on top + chicken broth, and let all that cook up together for about 15-ish minutes. That includes the time that the instant pot/pressure cooker needs to reach pressure.
Handfuls of spiralized zucchini will be added at the end for just a few minutes, or until al dente.
P.S. FOR THOSE THAT NEED A LESSON IN PRESSURE COOKING, PLEASE READ THIS VERY HELPFUL GUIDE >>> http://www.dummies.com/food-drink/cooking/pressure-cooker/pressure-cookers-for-dummies-cheat-sheet/
STAR Rosemary Infused Olive Oil is available at select Walmart, Raley’s and Save Mart stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Instant Pot Chicken Zoodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon STAR Olive Oil with Fresh Rosemary
- 1 small red onion , diced
- 3 carrots , sliced
- 3 celery ribs , sliced
- 1 banana pepper , diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper , diced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts , seasoned with salt and pepper or your choice of seasonings
- 6 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 small zucchini spiralized
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the olive oil inside the pot of your pressure cooker and heat it over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, carrots, celery, peppers, and garlic; season with salt and pepper and sautee for 4 to 5 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add bay leaf and layer the chicken breasts over the vegetables.
- Stir in chicken broth and apple cider vinegar.
- Cover pressure cooker with the lid and lock it. Check the owner’s manual or recipe booklet to see exactly what the pressure-cooker manufacturer recommends.
- *Start cooking over high heat until you reach pressure, about 6 minutes.
- Reduce heat and cook at a constant pressure for 9 minutes.
- Release the pressure; once venting is complete, remove the lid and take out the chicken; transfer chicken to a cutting board and shred it.
- Remove bay leaf. Add chicken back into the pot and stir in spiralized zucchini.
- Cook over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, or until zoodles are cooked to a desired texture. If using an InstantPot, stir in the zucchini, cover the IP, and let sit for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the zucchini are softened.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Drizzle with STAR Olive Oil with Fresh Rosemary and serve.
InstantPot Electric Pressure Cooker Instructions:
- If using an InstantPot Electric Pressure Cooker: once you seal the lid, set to "Manual" to cook for 9 minutes. Release the pressure; once venting is complete, remove the lid and take out the chicken; continue with the rest of the recipe.