Pesto Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp – Quick and easy dinner recipe with tender zucchini noodles and perfectly sauteed shrimp tossed in a delicious basil pesto sauce.
Also? Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes, from start to finish! Can I get a WHAT WHAT!
Oh. Hiiiii! Happy TGIF! Thank you for coming by to TGIF with meeee!! Today, I’m giving you a big hug in a bowl. You need it right? Coo’. Let’s hug it out!
But first. Can I just tell you that my Friday night plans involve pictures with Santa? I’m taking the plunge and trying out this visiting Santa thing one more time. Both of my girls LOVE him, so long as he’s only on a picture. The moment they see a big fat man in a red suit, Lawwwwd, things get real-real. They start to walk away slowly, and at the same time they begin to tug on my clothes, holding my legs for their dear life while screaming their hearts out. At this moment, all I’m thinking about is how I don’t want to fall because these two can’t let go of my legs, and I do it all with a huge smile on my face… the smile that actually says, this is soooo freakin’ embarrassing! The whole thing is a NIGHT.MARE.
And let’s not even discuss the Easter Bunny… whoa. Like whoa whoa. After that experience, I feel traumatized.
New topic. A delicious one at that.
Apparently, my taste buds think it’s still Summer/Fall because, zucchini. But I eat zucchini year round, so that’s that.
More importantly, it’s been a long time since we’ve talked about shrimp for supper. …I just said supper? Who says that? Reminds me of I Love Lucy…
In the meantime, Goce, who has allllllllways loved tomato sauce based pasta dishes, and makes spaghetti at least once a week, ate more than half of what you see here, and said that he didn’t miss his spaghetti at all. In other words, THAT’S how good this Pesto Zucchini Noodles and Shrimp is.
You see, I’m a super new fan of spiralized veggies. If for one reason: healthier, yet awesomely delicious option. Reason two: the pesto situation right here is just that – a fantastic situation! So much flavor! AND it’s store-bought because time is of the essence during THE Season. 🎁 🎄
I also love the lightly sauteed shrimp. Salt and pepper shrimp with a bit of olive oil are kind of da bomb diggidy.
And then there is some freshly grated parm cheese! Just a bit. Would you expect anything less?
And then there is me, racing to my plate before Goce gets to it.
I say, let’s combine Friday, shrimp, zucchini, and weekend dreams on a plate. Friday is made for easy dinners and the coldest glasses of chardonnay. And really late desserts because, YOU just had veggies for din din which results in a large piece of Chocolate Mousse Cake afterwards.
Wanna race me to the zoodles?!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 bag (12-ounces) Jumbo Cooked Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 4 zucchini , spiralized
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2- cup basil pesto (you can use more or less, or as much as you prefer)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and add to skillet; sautee for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet; add garlic and cook for 15 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add zucchini to skillet and continue to cook for 7 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Add shrimp back to skillet, stir in pesto, and cook just until things are heated through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
WW Smart Points: 9
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE: