This Garlic Butter Scallops recipe is only takes 10 minutes to make! Pan-seared scallops cooked in the most delicious garlicky butter sauce. If you’re wondering how to cook scallops, this is a great recipe to try.
Looking for more ways to cook scallops? Check out these creamy lemon butter scallops!
An Easy Seared Scallops Recipe
Searing scallops in garlic butter is one of the easiest restaurant-quality dinners that you can make at home, and they take just minutes to cook. When I’m short on time and want to make something quick my family will enjoy, this simple scallops recipe is one of my go-tos! These delicate shellfish are incredible when drenched in butter, garlic and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Garlic Butter Seared Scallops
- 1 pound fresh bay or sea scallops, dry packed
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, (for Keto, use chicken or vegetable broth)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- lemon slices, for garnish
- Thoroughly pat dry the scallops with paper towels.
- Remove any attached side-muscle on the scallop by pinching and tearing it away from the scallop.
- Season scallops on all sides with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Set a large skillet over high heat and add 2 tablespoons butter; cook until sizzling.
- Add the scallops in one layer without over crowding the pan. Cook in batches if the scallops do not fit in the pan all at once.
- Cook scallops for 2 minutes, or until browned. Do not move them around.
- Flip over the scallops, lower heat to medium-high, and continue to cook for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown.
- Remove scallops from pan and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in the skillet, scraping up any browned bits left on the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in garlic; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Do not burn the garlic.
- Add wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice into the skillet; stir, and taste sauce for seasonings. Adjust accordingly.
- Return scallops to the pan and spoon sauce over scallops.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 6
NET CARBS: 7g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.