Lemon Herb Garlic Butter Shrimp – Plump and juicy shrimp packed with incredible flavors and ready in just 10 minutes! Quick and delicious shrimp with a simple garlic butter sauce is proof that it doesn’t take much to make a darn good recipe in just minutes!
Garlic butter shrimp with lemon and herbs is a seafood recipe filled with perfectly bright and fresh flavors. Garlic + butter has always been my favorite combination for seafood – actually, for ALL FOOD – but it’s especially wonderful over shrimp. Have you tried my Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice, yet? Please DO.
SO easy to throw together, this shrimp coated in the best lemon garlic butter sauce is a simple recipe guaranteed to impress! If you want an oven method for a similar dish, get my recipe for Lemon Garlic Herb Shrimp in Packets.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON HERB GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP
- Start with melting some butter, then add minced garlic and raw, deveined shrimp.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and sweet paprika; cook for 2 minutes per side.
- When shrimp start to turn pink, add butter, lemon juice and herbs; fresh thyme or fresh basil and parsley is what I prefer, but you can use whatever fresh herbs you like.
- When shrimp is completely pink, remove from heat. DO NOT overcook. If cooked for too long, they will turn rubbery and that’s definitely not a good thing. All in all, shrimp needs only 4 to 5 minutes to cook.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. I ALWAYS add more lemon juice. It’s never enough. 🤷♀️
Thus, with the best flavors and quickest prep time, Lemon Herb Garlic Butter Shrimp is an easy recipe that comes together in very little time and can be served over anything. Or, over nothing! Just you, the skillet with shrimp, and a fork. Happy times. 🍤
Besides, it’s LOW CARB and Keto-Friendly, so, you can, like, eat the whole thing. 😉
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK RAW SHRIMP?
- Shrimp needs only 4 to 5 minutes to cook in a skillet. Cook shrimp until it is completely pink and opaque, and there are no more grey or bluish bits.
COOK’S NOTES FOR SUCCESSFUL SHRIMP
- Use fresh ingredients; fresh shrimp, fresh lemon juice, and fresh herbs.
- Buy shrimp that’s already been shelled and deveined.
- Prep all your ingredients before you get started because this recipe comes together real fast.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH SHRIMP
To keep it low carb, you can serve this garlic butter shrimp over spiralized zucchini – get your ➡️ SPIRALIZER ⬅️ here. Also, you can serve shrimp over some real pasta, mushroom rice, or with roasted vegetables and a side salad.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES
- Lemon Shrimp and Spinach with Spaghetti
- Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
- Easy Garlic Shrimp with Bacon
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp and Tomatoes Sauté
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Plump and juicy shrimp packed with incredible flavors and ready in just 10 minutes!
- 1.5 to 2 pounds fresh jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail left ON
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs
- Using paper towels, pat dry shrimp, thoroughly; set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium high heat and melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp; season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Cook shrimp for 2 minutes per side.
- Add remaining butter, lemon juice, and fresh herbs; stir and cook for 1 more minute, or until butter is melted and shrimp is completely pink and opaque.
- Remove from heat; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 5
- NET CARBS: 2 grams
- Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.