Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables – Butternut squash, potatoes, peppers, and onions tossed in the best garlic parmesan dressing prepared with balsamic vinegar, herbs, seasonings, garlic, and olive oil. A delicious side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
BALSAMIC Garlic Parmesan Roasted AUTUMN Vegetables… that should really be the title, but thought it was way too long. I think Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables is shorter and to the point. Correct?
I also wanted to throw in “Sheet Pan” at the beginning of that title… or One Pan? One Pot?…
As you can see, titling recipes is an art. A challenge, in fact.
What is NOT a challenge is throwing together a healthy, flavorful, amazing side dish such as this one and eating up the entire thing all by yourself. I know someone that did that and she lived to tell about it.
Currently, I am not allowed to walk around the produce section, nor visit another farmer’s market because I buy every.thing. No, seriously, like everything. I can’t stop. The colors of the fruits and veggies are just too damn pretty and I have to have them.
EVERY color of veggies (fruits, too) makes it into my cart, and because I try to go the organic route, most of those veggies start to die off within a day. To avoid throwing out another butternut squash, potatoes and peppers, too, I went with this easy recipe for an any day vegetable side dish, and it is now my forever-veggie-side-dish-obsession.
Truth be, half the credit goes to this
to-die to-LIVE-for garlic parmesan dressing made with thyme and rosemary and garlic and balsamico and parmesan and… it’s faaaaantastic!
Most of the battle here is just chopping up a bunch of veggies. Butternut Squash is the most annoying one. Just sayin’ the truth. It’s so hard to cut it, but once you do, everything else will seem effortless.
Once you’ve prepared the vegetables, you will have to make the dressing and pour it all over the veg. A toss or two later, please pop it all in the oven and wait around for the best thing yet.
While waiting, why don’t you get on this quick One Skillet Dijon Chicken with Mushrooms and Chives to go with it all? OMG it’s so GOOD!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
MORE THANKSGIVING SIDE DISH IDEAS
- Cheesy Italian Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- Maple Glazed Roasted Butternut Squash with Brussels Sprouts
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic and Chives
- Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Honey Balsamic GlazeTOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Garlic Parmesan Roasted Vegetables
FOR THE VEGETABLES
- 1 (1.5 to 2 pounds) butternut squash cubed
- 4 thin-skinned potatoes (such as yukon or gold potatoes) cubed
- 2 red bell peppers diced
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 2 yellow onions quartered and pieces separated
FOR THE GARLIC PARMESAN DRESSING
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- fresh grated parmesan (optional) for garnish
- fresh chopped parsley (optional) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- In a large baking sheet or roasting pan, combine the cubed butternut squash, cubed potatoes, diced peppers, and onions; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, cheese, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture over the prepared vegetables; stir and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread vegetables evenly and in one layer in the roasting pan.
- Roast for about 35 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so, until vegetables are cooked through and browned.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with parmesan and parsley.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.