Fresh salmon fillets, baked with sweet honey mustard sauce and a crunchy, buttery Panko topping? Yes please! My easy Honey Mustard Salmon is guaranteed to be your new favorite dinner.
An Easy Baked Salmon Recipe
So how has everyone been? Let me guess: busy. Me too. For the past few days, I have practically lived in my car, dropping off, picking up, and running errands. I’d like to know when a weekend that actually includes a day of rest is going to come along!
In the meantime, there’s always this easy honey mustard salmon recipe to make dinner come together fast! I’ve told you about my amazing recipe for honey mustard, right? It’s so good, I could drink it from the bottle! And this recipe combines that golden, perfect sauce with fresh salmon and a crunchy crumb topping. Serious yum.
I love serving this honey mustard salmon on busy nights. It shows my family a little love, and gives everyone a one-two punch of healthy fat and healthy protein.
What You’ll Need
One thing that makes this recipe so easy is that it only uses a few basic ingredients! Even the Honey Mustard Sauce is made from pantry staples you probably have on hand.
- Honey Mustard: You’ll need one ⅓ cup of my killer Honey Mustard Sauce, plus extra for dipping.
- Salmon Fillets: This recipe makes four fresh and tasty salmon fillets. That’s about 1 pound.
- Butter: Melt 2 tablespoons of butter, for creating the crumb topping.
- Panko: These ultra-crispy breadcrumbs are my fave. I like to use the low-sodium, but you can use any type.
- Parsley: A little chopped fresh parsley adds color and a nice herbal taste.
Can I use frozen salmon fillets?
Yes, you can! Just thaw them out overnight before using, and be sure to pat and/or squeeze excess moisture out of them, using paper towels.
How to Make Honey Mustard Salmon
- Prep the Oven and Baking Sheet. Preheat your oven to 400F. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray, or cover it with foil, and set it aside. (Note: you can also use a lightly greased grill pan!)
- Brush Fillets with Honey Mustard. Brush each salmon fillet with the prepared honey mustard sauce and set aside.
- Top Fillets with Crumb Topping. In a small bowl, combine the two tablespoons of melted butter, the Panko crumbs and parsley. Mix well and then press the Pankocrumbs mixture evenly over each fillet.
- Bake! Transfer your fillets to the previously prepared baking sheet, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Tips for Success
Cooking fish doesn’t have to be tricky! Keep reading for my easiest and most helpful tips for making the perfect fillet.
- Use a Thermometer: An instant-read thermometer can be a lifesaver when making fish! It’s the easiest and most accurate way to tell if the fish is done, and prevent over- or under-cooking.
- Skins On: For easy cooking, you can leave the skins on the fillets while they bake. Once cooked, the skin can easily be separated from the meat using just knives and forks at the table
- Pin Bones: These small, translucent bones are usually removed from fillets before you purchase them, but if you find more (rub your finger along the fillets to feel for them) pull them out. A good pair of pliers works perfectly!
- Thin Fillets: For uneven fillets, tuck any thin, flat ends underneath. This will make the fish pieces a more even thickness/height.
To serve this salmon, I like to make an easy side dish or two. Lots of things go well with salmon and honey mustard, so there are plenty of options! Here are a couple of my favorites.
- Potatoes: My Crispy Air Fryer Potatoes with Herb Butter have savory, buttery flavor for days! So perfect with salmon, and so easy.
- Casserole: This Creamy Vegetable Casserole is a kid-friendly way to put lots of veggies on the table. You’re going to love this simple, hearty side.
- Roasted Veggies: A blend of colorful fresh vegetables gets the sheet-pan treatment and comes out crisp-tender and fragrant with garlic in this easy recipe for Oven Roasted Vegetables .
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
- To store, place leftover salmon fillets in shallow, airtight containers and refrigerate for up to three days.
- To reheat, place fillets on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven until just heated through.
Honey Mustard Salmon Recipe
CLICK HERE FOR THE HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
FOR THE SALMON
- 4 fresh salmon fillets (about 1 pound), rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup Honey Mustard Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/4 cup low sodium panko crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or cover with foil, and set aside. (you can also use a lightly greased grill pan)
- Brush each salmon fillet with the prepared honey mustard sauce; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, panko crumbs and parsley; mix until thoroughly wet and combined.
- Press panko crumbs mixture evenly over each fillet.
- Transfer fillets to previously prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
More Dinner Ideas
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 2-Piece Set
- Heavy gauge steel core won't warp and heats evenly without hot spots so your cookies and cakes come out of the oven perfectly and evenly browned
- The interior of the baking pans has interlocking nonstick layers that are designed to deliver long lasting, high performance release; Releases up to 2X better than Calphalon Classic Bakeware
- Set includes 2 12x17 inch; baking sheets
- Baking sheet has raised edges let you use it to bake everything from cookies to sheet cakes with no spill; Brownie pan is the perfect size for delicious and perfectly cooked brownies
- Dishwasher safe and protected by Calphalon's full lifetime warranty
Cake Boss Countertop Accessories 4-Piece Melamine Prep Bowl Set,"Basic"
- Set includes: Four 8-Ounce Prep Bowls
- The prep bowl set is crafted from sturdy melamine; rubberized feet help to keep the bowls stable on countertops and tables
- Capturing bakeshop tradition, each bowl features a bright hue -- red, yellow, pink and light blue -- with different exterior accents
- The prep bowls are conveniently top-rack dishwasher safe
- Cake Boss Countertop Accessories work great with many other items in the Cake Boss collections
X-Chef Silicone Pastry Brushes Set of 4, Heatproof Grill Brushes for BBQ Meat, Cakes Pastries, Sausages, Dishwasher Safe, Flexible, Easy Clean, FDA Approved
- 4 VIBRANT COLOR: The X-Chef baking brush set includes blue, green, orange and pink. Different color can avoid flavor crossing, making grilling an easy and enjoyable experience!
- 100% FOOD GRADE SILICONE: X-chef basting brush set is made from food grade and BPA free silicone. No more bristle shed on food and their lifetime can be extended with simple handwash.
- 446°F HEAT RESISTANT: X-Chef BBQ and pastry brushes can withstand up to 446 °F/ 230 ℃ from oven or grilling. They won’t deform, stain or stink even under high temperatures.
- DETACHABLE & EASY CLEAN: The X-Chef silicone bristles are cool with Dishwasher, Microwave, oven or Freezer. Remove oilness with warm soapy water, and then hang it to air dry.
- WIDE APPLICATION: X-Chef Pastry Brushes can be used in various situations like kitchen, BBQ grilling, roasting, baking or on a pan. Works great on many food, such as meats, pastries, and cakes. Marinade with oil, butter, sauces and more.