Did you know you can make perfect roasted broccoli in your Air Fryer? It’s amazing! You’ll love the deep, caramelized flavor of my Crispy Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli, lightly seasoned with fresh garlic, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese.
The Best Way to Make Crispy Broccoli
I think for a lot of us, broccoli has always been synonymous with steamed broccoli. And, probably overcooked broccoli! I’ll be honest, of all overcooked veggies, overcooked broccoli is the worst! When broccoli is boiled or steamed for too long, it loses its bright green color and natural sweetness, becoming bitter and mushy.
But, broccoli that’s cooked correctly is totally different! Fresh and vibrant green, perfectly done broccoli has a crisp-tender texture and lightly sweet flavor similar to English peas. And, if you haven’t tried roasting broccoli in the air fryer… oh my goodness. You’re totally in for a treat! Roasted broccoli can turn even the most determined veggie hater into a veggie lover!
The process of roasting helps bring out depth and sweetness in veggies, even caramelizing them slightly on the edges. Imagine your favorite crispy sautéed onions, but as broccoli! With this recipe, you don’t have to heat up the oven to make this magic happen. It’s easier than ever in an Air Fryer!
What You’ll Need
You can throw this simple side dish together anytime! All you need is fresh broccoli and a few basics like salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Broccoli: Just the florets, about four cups’ worth.
- Olive Oil: You’ll need 2 tablespoons.
- Salt & Pepper: About ¼ teaspoon of each.
- Garlic Powder: A bit of garlic powder makes this dish sing!
- Lemon Juice: Fresh lemon juice tastes the best, but from-concentrate is fine, too.
- Parmesan: I use a few tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
How to Roast Broccoli in the Air Fryer
I know a lot of my recipes are easy, but friends, seriously, this one is so easy. I love air fryers—they do all the work!
- Prep Air Fryer & Season Broccoli: Preheat your Air Fryer to 375°F. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli florets, oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Air-Fry Broccoli: Transfer the seasoned broccoli florets to the air fryer basket. Do not crowd the basket! If your basket can’t comfortably hold the broccoli in a single layer, cook the broccoli in batches. Cook for 4 minutes. Shake the basket and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, or until fork tender.
- Top with Lemon & Parm: Pull out the broccoli and place it in a dish. Toss it gently with the lemon juice, and then sprinkle it with the parmesan cheese.
- Enjoy! This dish is best served warm.
Tips for Success
Here are a few helpful pointers when working with air fryers and broccoli. Let’s get this party started!
- No Aerosol: Aerosol sprays and Air Fryers are a no-go. Always use regular oils or sprays without aerosol, because aerosol can damage the Air Fryer.
- Prevent Smoking: You can add a tablespoon or two of water to the Air Fryer pan to keep the oil from smoking. Yay!
- Try Frozen Broccoli: Some cooks report great results using frozen broccoli florets in the Air Fryer, so if you have some on hand, give it a shot! They may not turn out as crispy, but they’ll still be tasty. Make sure to fully cook them as they may need a bit more time than fresh broccoli.
Crispy Air Fryer broccoli is a super versatile side! It goes wonderfully with just about everything. The ideas below are just the beginning!
- Pasta: A good, creamy pasta goes wonderfully with air-fried broccoli. Try my Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine Pasta and see!
- Chicken Paprikash: This delicious dish, Chicken Paprikash, is a traditional recipe that I’m sure you’re going to love. Freshly roasted broccoli sets it off to perfection!
- Pork Roast: The deep flavor of the roasted broccoli works well with rich, yet light pork roast! I love this recipe for Tender and Juicy Pork Loin Roast. Mmmm.
How to Store and Reheat Air Fryer Broccoli
- To store your leftovers, just pop them into an airtight container and refrigerate for 3 days.
- To reheat roasted broccoli, bake it at 350˚F until heated through, or air-fry it again for a few minutes. Be careful not to burn the broccoli!
Crispy Air Fryer Roasted Broccoli
- Air Fryer
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 375˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine broccoli florets, oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; toss to combine.
- Transfer broccoli florets to air fryer basket, and arrange in one single layer. DO not crowd the basket; cook the broccoli in batches if it’s not large enough to fit all the broccoli at once.
- Cook for 4 minutes; shake the basket and continue to cook for 4 to 5 more minutes, or until fork tender.
- Pull out the broccoli and transfer to a serving plate.
- Add lemon juice and gently toss to combine.
- Top with parmesan cheese.
- Serve warm.
- NET CARBS: 5 g
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try
Craving more crispy fixings from your Air Fryer? You have to try these yummy dishes ASAP!