Creamy, buttery mashed cauliflower combined with plenty of garlic and chives makes for one super flavorful side dish! Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic and Chives is the perfect low carb alternative to mashed potatoes, and made in a fraction of the time, thanks to our Instant Pot.
MY FAVORITE INSTANT POT MASHED CAULIFLOWER RECIPE
The yummiest cauliflower you’ll ever eat! Cauliflower is cooked in the Instant Pot until soft and then mashed with butter and sour cream. This is an easy and very quick recipe with lots of flavor.
The result is creamy, rich, and so delicious! It’s also gluten free, low carb, and keto – not a bad way to start our Thanksgiving prep. P.S. Don’t forget that Juicy Roast Turkey with Maple Gravy from the other day.
Want bacon and cheese with that cauli-mash? Jot down my other recipe for Instant Pot LOADED Mashed Cauliflower – yummmmm!
My favorite part about this mashed cauliflower deal is that you can have a great side dish in minutes. Literally. Also, this creamy, garlicky mashed cauliflower is much lighter than traditional mashed potatoes, and it just tastes so, so incredibly good!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté and heat up a bit of olive oil; add 4 mashed garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute, or until garlic is golden brown on all sides.
- Pour chicken broth and mix and stir for 1 minute.
- Place steamer basket inside the Instant Pot and add cauliflower florets.
- Close the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set on manual setting and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes; quickly release the pressure and open up the lid half-way. Let stand 3 minutes.
- Drain out the liquid and transfer cooked cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender. Add butter, sour cream, and seasonings; pulse until blended and creamy.
- Stir in fresh chives and parmesan. Serve.
Easy Peasy. Don’t wait to make it!
MAKE AHEAD MASHED CAULIFLOWER
Mashed cauliflower can be made up to 3 days in advance.
- Let mashed cauliflower cool completely; transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge.
- Reheat over low heat or in the microwave. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Add more butter or sour cream, if needed.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MASHED CAULIFLOWER
- Bundt Pan Roasted Chicken
- Tender and Juicy Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Garlic and Rosemary Balsamic Roasted Pork Loin
- Stuffed Flank Steak with Spinach, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Feta Cheese
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
- Instant Pot Barbecue Pulled Pork
- Instant Pot Beef Burritos
Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic and Chives –
- 1 large head cauliflower core removed and roughly cut into florets
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives plus more for garnish
- Set instant pot to sauté.
- Add olive oil to instant pot and heat it up.
- Stir in smashed garlic cloves; mix and stir until garlic is golden brown on all sides, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn off the "sauté" mode and place steamer basket inside your Instant Pot.
- Transfer prepared cauliflower to the basket inside the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set on manual setting and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
- Use the quick release function to release the pressure. Open up the lid half way and let stand 3 minutes.
- Drain out all of the liquid and transfer the cauliflower and garlic to a food processor or blender. You can also put it in a large bowl and use a potato masher.
- Add butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper to the blender; process until blended and creamy. I recommend using the pulse function because you have more control over how creamy or chunky you want your mashed cauliflower.
- Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a mixing bowl or serving dish.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and chives. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with fresh chives and serve.
- Let mashed cauliflower cool completely; transfer it to an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat over low heat or in the microwave.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Add more butter or sour cream, if needed.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.