Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe – Tender, juicy, roasted flank steak stuffed with a delicious baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese filling. A wonderful low carb, keto friendly recipe you don’t want to miss!
This flavor packed stuffed flank steak recipe is beyond amazing, and you are going to want to get on making it as soon as possible. It is a show stopper that makes an impressive meal for Holiday dinners, but easy enough to make for a Sunday supper with family.
For the fans of all things cheesy that like to pair their cheese with a fine cut of steak, this Stuffed Flank Steak Recipe is all about you AND for you! This includes ME, too. Yep, it’s A LITTLE more work than a simple, juicy oven grilled steak, but it’s all SO worth it.
STUFFED FLANK STEAK
Say hello to simple, delicious, and easy to make Flank Steak stuffed with a creamy combination of spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese. The recipe looks fancy and complicated, but it’s surprisingly easy.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED FLANK STEAK
First thing you will need to do is butterfly the steak. OR, you can just ask the butcher to do it for you. That’s what I do.
But, if you’re set on doing it yourself, to butterfly flank steak, simply place your hand on top of the meat and cut horizontally into the steak, go slow, until just about 1 inch before you would cut the meat into 2 separate pieces. Now open it up and TA-DAHM – it looks like a butterfly! 😳😄
HOW TO STUFF FLANK STEAK
- Our next mission is to combine baby spinach, chopped sun dried tomatoes, and crumbled feta cheese and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Take that filling and spread it over our piece of steak.
- Place on a cutting board and tightly roll the meat away from you.
- Get some kitchen twine and simply tie a few strong knots so that the meat holds together while cooking.
- Transfer to a baking dish, top with your favorite tomato, marinara, or pasta sauce and bake.
- Remove from oven, let rest for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
HOW TO GRILL STUFFED FLANK STEAK
- PREHEAT grill to 450F with lid closed.
- Place stuffed flank steak on preheated grill and cook for 10 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD
- Once you stuff, roll, and tie the beef, you can refrigerate it for up to 8 hours.
HOW TO FREEZE
- Make sure the cooked steak has cooled down completely.
- Cut the steak into pinwheels and wrap each pinwheel in plastic wrap.
- Transfer pinwheels to freezer bags and freeze for up to 6 months.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Steak and Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner
- Garlic Herb Steak and Potato Foil Packs
- Easy Meatloaf Recipe (Low Carb + Keto)
- Jack Daniel’s Grilled Steak
- Skillet Bourbon Steak
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Tender, juicy, roasted flank steak stuffed with a delicious baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese filling. A wonderful low carb, keto friendly recipe you don’t want to miss!
- 2 pounds flank steak, butterflied
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, drained
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/3 cups pasta tomato sauce or marinara sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400F.
Using a sharp knife, butterfly the steak by placing your hand on top of the meat and cutting horizontally into the steak until just about 1 inch before you would cut the meat into 2 separate pieces. Open up the steak and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine chopped spinach, cheese, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, basil and fresh ground pepper; mix until well incorporated.
Spread 1/3 cup of tomato sauce over the steak and top with the previously prepared spinach mixture.
Tightly roll up the flank steak and secure with kitchen twine.
Brush the stuffed flank steak with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Spread the rest of the tomato sauce over the top and around the edges of the steak.
Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 130F.
Remove from oven and transfer the steak to a cutting board.
Let rest for 10 minutes before removing the kitchen twine.
Remove kitchen twine and slice the stuffed steak into 1/4 inch rounds.
Spoon tomato sauce from the baking dish over the rounds, top with fresh parsley, and serve.
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD
Once you stuff, roll, and tie the beef, you can refrigerate it for up to 8 hours.
HOW TO FREEZE
Make sure the cooked steak has cooled down completely.
Cut the steak into pinwheels and wrap each pinwheel in plastic wrap.
Transfer pinwheels to freezer bags and freeze for up to 6 months.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 9
To reduce the WW Freestyle Points down to 5, use fat free feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes without oil.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy