Dijon Chicken with Mushrooms and Chives is a delicious chicken dinner recipe! It’s prepared with tender chicken breasts served with a lightened-up Dijon Cream sauce loaded with mushrooms and chives. Super easy, one skillet dinner ready in about 30 minutes!
Dijon Chicken: A Classic Made Simple
When hectic weekdays demand meals that are fast to prepare, cook, and clean up, this Dijon chicken recipe is your perfect match! Enjoy succulent chicken coated in a lusciously light Dijon cream sauce packed with mushrooms and fresh chives. Prepared in just one skillet, this simple yet exquisite dish is ready in half an hour.
Dijon Chicken is probably one of the very first “fancy” dinners I learned to make via the Food Network. I thought I was DA BOMB the first time I made it. There was pride bursting out of my pores. I was also barely 17, flipping grilled cheese sandwiches one day and making impressive dinners the next. 😁
This simple recipe guarantees tender and flavorful chicken breasts in under an hour. The sauce is so good, it’s tempting to sip it straight from the pan! And, with only one pan needed to make the entire dish, it’s a breeze to prepare.
How To Make Dijon Chicken
While Dijon Sauce is normally made with heavy cream or half & half, my version of it is with light sour cream and a nice helping of Worcestershire sauce. I love the robust, sweet and sour flavor that it adds to the sauce.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes until they start to soften.
- Meanwhile, mix Worcestershire Sauce, sour cream, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spoon the Dijon sauce over the chicken and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes until heated through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat, transfer the chicken and mushrooms to a serving plate, and garnish with chives.
Dijon Chicken pairs beautifully with a variety of sides. It goes well with garlic parmesan roasted vegetables, mashed sweet potatoes, or even a simple green goddess salad. For a low-carb option, consider serving it with mashed cauliflower.
- Leftover Dijon Chicken should be stored in an airtight container and kept refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
- While you can freeze this dish, the sour cream in the sauce may separate upon thawing; however, the taste will remain intact. Store it in an airtight container and consume it within 1 to 2 months.
- Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
More Quick Chicken Recipes
- Saucy Chicken
- Bourbon Chicken
- Garlic Sauce Chicken
- Creamy Chicken Francaise
- Creamy Coconut Milk Chicken
One Skillet Dijon Chicken with Mushrooms and Chives
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4- cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4- cup light sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 package (8-ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and add chicken; cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- In the meantime, combine Worcestershire Sauce, sour cream and dijon mustard in a small bowl; mix until completely incorporated and smooth.
- Spoon dijon sauce over chicken and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer chicken and mushrooms to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chives.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.