Chicken Marsala Recipe – A delicious, classic dish prepared with lightly coated chicken breasts and cooked with Marsala wine and mushrooms.
Delicious Chicken Marsala Dinner ready in under 30 minutes with Campbell’s Marsala Skillet Sauces. Chicken Marsala is easy and ideal for both a quick weeknight entree or a quiet romantic dinner.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% my own.
Pretty sure I’m not alone in this, but this time of year?!? Over.whelming! I’ve become the spastic, double-multitasking (it exists), gimme-some-chocolate-now(!)-type-of-Mom I swore I wouldn’t become. Except for the chocolate bit – I swore I was always going to have a special relationship with chocolate.
Wrapping presents, baking cookies, figuring out menus, attending parties (FUN!), taking care of kid’s schedules, looking for husband’s missing socks… geeeeez! I got tired just by typing it all out.
Obviously, we are all working with some limitations these days and stepping into our kitchens is sometimes the last thing we want to do even if it is for our own Christmas party. We have a limited amount of time to get things together, and waiting on a delicious holiday dinner for an hour or so is just not feasible.
BUT! Who said you had to wait an hour for a delicious din din?! Sometimes all you need are a couple of good ingredients, including Campbell’s Skillet Sauces, 30 minutes, aaaaaand behaved children. …sigh… At least they’re cute.
For me, one of those delicious meals is Chicken Marsala. I have yet to meet a person that does not like Chicken Marsala. This is one of my many favorites and it is also one of the safest go-to dinners for our Holiday parties.
What’s better now is that Campbell’s has this amazing Marsala Skillet Sauce that is just ready to be smothered all over that chicken. I’m kind of in love with them right now… they have made things so much easier for me. And faster!
I recently served this meal at our house for a small get together with friends and I can’t tell you how relieved I was when I saw that our dinner came together in about 30 minutes. Four very, very full and completely satisfied people later, I felt like success in the kitchen was definitely accomplished.
This Chicken Marsala recipe leaves us with just enough time to take care of pairing those socks and shoving the toys in every possible nook and cranny just in time for those Holiday guests. Yes, you will also have a minute or two to sweep the crumbs from last night’s dinner under the rug. Oh, you’re very welcome!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for coating
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts (pounded to 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- In a shallow dish, combine mix flour, salt, pepper and oregano; mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Coat chicken pieces in prepared flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, combine butter and oil and melt butter over medium heat.
- Place chicken in the pan, and cook for 2 minutes, or until lightly brown.
- Turn over chicken pieces, and add mushrooms.
- Pour in wine and cover the skillet.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turning chicken once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Remove from heat and serve.