Tender baked chicken breasts topped with creamy spinach and melty cheese. This Cheesy Chicken Spinach Bake is a one-pot low carb dinner that’s perfect for those busy weeknights! If you’re looking for an easy keto chicken dinner idea this is it.
EASY & CHEESY CHICKEN BREASTS SPINACH BAKE
With spinach, cream cheese, mozzarella, and feta, this Cheesy Chicken Spinach Bake recipe is going to be your new keto friendly, low carb family favorite! It’s easy and quick to prepare, and even the pickiest eater will fall in love with this simple meal.
I’m a big fan of easy casserole type dishes, even during these hot summer months, because nothing beats a one-pot cheesy chicken when it comes to convenience and comfort.
Chicken breasts are such a supper staple that it’s often hard to think of them as anything special, but let me tell you this chicken spinach bake IS definitely special.
It’s also a real time saver because it’s freezer-friendly. You can prep it ahead and keep it in the fridge for 2 days, or you can also freeze it for up to 3 months!
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHEESY CHICKEN BREASTS SPINACH BAKE
- We will start with pre-cooking seasoned chicken breasts for a bit, all while working on our spinach and cream cheese mixture.
- The spinach is cooked until wilted, which takes a couple minutes, and the cream cheese is stirred in just until softened.
- In the meantime, you will also want to grab some shredded mozzarella and crumbled feta cheese.
- Take chicken breasts out of the oven, flip, and layer on the prepared spinach and cheeses.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until browned on top and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
You’ll be eating straight out of the pan.
All there’s left to do is toss up a simple green salad and make it a complete meal.
MORE CHICKEN SPINACH RECIPES
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- Saucy Spinach and Cottage Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes
- Chicken Florentine Phyllo Pie
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Tender baked chicken breasts topped with creamy spinach and melty cheese. A one-pot low carb dinner that’s perfect for those busy weeknights!
- 1 pound (4 pieces) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 10 to 12 ounces baby spinach
- 4 ounces cream cheese cubed
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Rub minced garlic over each chicken breast and season with oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Transfer chicken to casserole dish, lightly spray with cooking spray, and bake for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the spinach topping.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet; add spinach and cook for 2 minutes, or until wilted.
- Remove spinach from heat, stir in the cream cheese, and season with salt and pepper; stir until softened.
- Take chicken out of the oven, flip over each chicken breast, and layer the spinach mixture over each piece.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and browned on top, and chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Remove from oven and serve.
HOW TO MAKE AHEAD
- You can prep this meal beforehand and keep it in the fridge, covered, for 2 days, or you can also freeze it for up to 3 months. Take it out of the freezer and thaw it in the fridge overnight, or on the kitchen counter. Bake as directed.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 10
- For those counting WW Freestyle Points, use fat free feta cheese, fat free cream cheese, and fat free mozzarella. This will amount to only 3 WW points.
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!