Baked Chicken Recipe with Spinach & Artichokes – Chicken, spinach and artichokes come together in this delicious, one-pot baked chicken recipe. An easy, keto friendly chicken dinner idea!
Baked Chicken Recipe
A delicious way to cook all those chicken pieces you’ve got sitting around, and your chicken is guaranteed to be juicy and tender. This recipe is paleo and keto-friendly, and it’s packed with protein and vegetables. Comfort food and healthy ingredients all in one pot!
Whoa, you guys! Fall is ON full swing! I mean, it made quite the appearance around here. I’m talking ONE very cold appearance. It was 81-degrees on Monday and 49-degrees only 24 hours later.
Bright blue skies, crisp air, and temperatures so cold that I spent most of the day with my socks rolled up and my hands around my beloved coffee mug.
It’s quite evident that Pina Colada Floats are soooo last July.
On the bright side, hot dinners that look this comforting and taste THIS good is why I put up with Fall-weather.
Do you ever find yourself wandering around your kitchen, scanning the pantry inventory for dinner? Oh, hey there WILD rice! Hi artichokes! Hello, Lentils… Spinach, herbs, tomatoes… and dust… ew!
Then you drag yourself over to the fridge to find some chicken legs, chicken breasts, chicken thighs, whole chicken… talk about inventory.
Obviously, and I don’t know about you, but I might have a little crush on chicken. Especially when said chicken swims around spinach and artichokes.
Actually, any vegetable + chicken works for me.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED CHICKEN WITH SPINACH AND ARTICHOKES
Take chicken pieces and brown on all sides.
Remove chicken from skillet and add your veggies and garlic; cook until tender.
Add broth and prepared chicken back to the skillet and bake in the oven for about 18 minutes.
Just a few steps to make this incredible chicken dinner. It’s a picture of health, a picture of amazing flavors, and a picture of happy, well fed people. ‘Cept, you can’t see “the people”, but we’re there, in the background, enjoying every bite and every slurp.
This is the kind of dinner I suggest you eat this day, or sometime real soon, right before you attack those Chocolate Mousse Brownies. ‘Cause when you eat a healthy dose of spinach, chicken and artichokes for dinner, you leave plenty of room to inhale a good ole brownie.
And since we’re in the middle of the week here, we should all just take it easy on the dinner front and make this one-pot deliciousness as soon as we all come home tonight.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 to 6 chicken pieces (thighs, chicken breast, legs, etc...)
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 can (14-ounces) quartered artichokes, rinsed and drained
- 1 yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 1 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot , sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves , finely chopped, divided
- 1 bag (6 to 8 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Preheat oven to 425. Heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick skillet that's safe for stovetop and oven. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and brown on both sides; about 5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet and set it on the side, leaving oil in skillet.
- Add artichokes, onions, carrots and 1/2 of chopped garlic to the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are slightly tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add rest of the chopped garlic and spinach; continue to cook for 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and add broth and chicken.
- Place in the oven and bake for 18 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Plate and ladle liquid and veggies over chicken pieces. Serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.