One Pan Chicken Piccata and Rice – Easy and quick to make Chicken Piccata prepared over a bed of delicious rice with wine, capers, and lemons.
This rich and tangy Chicken Piccata is a fast, easy, and simple meal prepared together with its delicious side dish of rice. The chicken is tender with the perfect sauce that includes a blend of white wine, bright lemon, and capers.
But first, HELLO, dear friends! Happy day to you all. This morning I find myself sipping on coffee through a straw (a STRAW!) because yesterday I paid an arm and a leg to get my teeth whitened. 😫
They also said, no red wine… so I reached for the white. I was told not to eat raspberries, too… so I reached for more white wine. 😁
All that wine helped me get over the price tag of two things; teeth whitening AND taxes. HOLD ME! 😭😭😭
And I used the remaining 1 cup of wine in this wonderful One Pan Chicken Piccata and Rice. 🙌 Normally, I would have used chicken broth, but clearly these days I need something that’s a little bit stronger.
The idea for this delicious meal comes from my One Pot Chicken and Rice with Artichokes. I am HAPPIEST when I can make a side AND a main all in one pan, so this had to happen, no matter what.
Thus, our chicken-piccata-all-in-one meal starts off like many;
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN PICCATA AND RICE
- Brown chicken breasts in a bit of olive oil and set aside.
- Throw some onions, garlic, and rice in the pan and give ’em a wine-bath…
- then, before it’s all said and done, we will add the chicken back in the pan and let it all come together for around 20 minutes.
As you can see, it’s so easy and simple to make, and you’ll have dinner on the table within 35…ish minutes.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil , divided
- 1 pound boneless , skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine (use your favorite wine)
- 1 cup low sodium , fat free chicken broth
- 4 lemon slices + few more for garnish (if you do not like the strong taste of lemon, use meyer lemons)
- 3 tablespoons capers
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; add to skillet and cook on each side for 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to medium heat and add remaining olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic; cook for 2 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Stir in rice and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add previously prepared chicken, chicken broth, lemon slices, and capers; bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer and cover with a lid; continue to cook for 18 to 20 minutes, or until water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
WW SMART POINTS: 11