Spinach Artichoke Chicken is an easy chicken skillet dinner recipe with seared chicken breasts, fresh spinach, artichokes, and a creamy cheese sauce. Quick enough for a weeknight meal, but also great for a special dinner party.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken
Find all of the amazing flavors of the classic spinach artichoke dip in this one-skillet spinach artichoke chicken dinner that takes about 30 minutes to make and in just one skillet. In this household, we LOVE anything that involves the combo of spinach and artichokes. From my healthy Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes Recipe to my not-so-healthy Spinach Artichoke Pasta Alfredo Casserole, it is one of our favorite meal concoctions that we go back to time and time again.
Basically, it’s Chicken Breasts meet Spinach and Artichoke Dip in a beautiful and creamy dinner recipe. I mean, need I say more? This dish is simple, quick, and undoubtedly fancy. So, pair it with a bottle of white wine, prepare some low-carb garlic breadsticks, and kickstart this delightful meal.
Recipe Ingredients For Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- olive oil
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- dried oregano
- low sodium chicken broth or dry white wine
- marinated artichoke hearts
- baby spinach
- half and half, you can also use whole milk or heavy cream
- shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Chicken
- Add the chicken breasts to a hot oiled skillet and cook until done; remove chicken breasts from the skillet and set aside.
- Follow up with a bit of butter and garlic, then deglaze the skillet with either wine or chicken broth – your choice.
- Add chopped marinated artichokes to the skillet; cook for a couple of minutes and stir in the baby spinach. Cook for a minute or two before pouring in some half & half (or cream or whole milk) AND cheese.
- Transfer chicken breasts back into the skillet; cook for several minutes and serve.
Can I Use Frozen Spinach?
- Yes, you can use frozen spinach, but you’ll need to thaw the spinach, wring out the water as much as possible, and then add the spinach to the skillet.
How To Serve Creamy Chicken
- I like to serve it with a big side of my Radish and Cucumber Salad, but my husband prefers a big bowl of garlic butter pasta. The choice is yours, but the salad or these parmesan roasted vegetables will help balance things out.
More Spinach And Artichoke Dinners
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Quesadillas
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese with Spinach and Artichokes
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano, if you like, you can use dried basil, rosemary, or thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth or dry white wine
- 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup half and half, you can also use whole milk or heavy cream
- ½ cup low fat part skim shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Season chicken breasts with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet; stir in garlic and cook for about 20 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth or wine; stir and continue to cook until liquid has reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the artichoke hearts; cook for 1 minute.
- Add in baby spinach and cook for 1 more minute, or until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in half-and-half and bring to a simmer.
- Add mozzarella and parmesan; stir until combined.
- Transfer chicken back into the skillet and cook for 5 more minutes, or until sauce has thickened and chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.