Easy chicken skillet dinner recipe prepared with seared chicken breasts, fresh spinach, artichokes, and a creamy cheese sauce. Quick enough for a weeknight meal, but also great for a special dinner party. Also a great keto dinner idea!
Find all of the amazing flavors of the classic spinach artichoke dip in this one skillet spinach artichoke chicken dinner!
Also? This takes about 30 minutes to make + in just one skillet = that’s how we do dinner!
In this household, we LOVE anything that involves the combo of spinach and artichokes. From my healthy Baked Chicken with Spinach and Artichokes Recipe to my not so healthy Spinach Artichoke Pasta Alfredo Casserole, it is one of our favorite meal concoctions that we go back to time and time again.
Basically, it’s Chicken Breasts meet Spinach and Artichoke Dip in a wonderful and creamy dinner recipe … I meeeean, need I say more?
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BREASTS IN A SKILLET
- We add our chicken breasts to a hot oiled skillet and cook until done; remove chicken breasts from the skillet and set aside.
- Follow up with a bit of butter and garlic, then deglaze the skillet with either wine or chicken broth – your choice. (Wine, please! )
- Add chopped marinated artichokes to the skillet; cook for a couple minutes and stir in baby spinach. Cook for a minute or two before pouring in some half & half (or cream, or whole milk) AND cheese.
- Transfer chicken breasts back into the skillet; cook for several minutes and serve.
Simple, SO darn tasty, and very satisfying. You’ll see.
I like to serve it with a big side of my Radish and Cucumber Salad, but my husband prefers a big bowl of pasta. The choice is yours, but the salad will help balance things out.
LOOKING FOR MORE SPINACH ARTICHOKE DINNERS?
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Quesadillas
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
- One Pot Macaroni and Cheese with Spinach and Artichokes
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Easy, delicious, and rich skillet dinner prepared with seared chicken breasts, fresh spinach, flavorful artichokes, and an amazing creamy cheese sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano if you like, you can use dried basil, rosemary, or thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth or dry white wine
- 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 1 cup half and half you can also use milk or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low fat part skim shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Season chicken breasts with oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Melt butter in skillet; stir in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth or wine and continue to cook until liquid has reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in artichokes; cook for 1 minute.
- Add in baby spinach and cook for 1 more minute, or until spinach is wilted.
- Stir half-and-half and bring to a simmer.
- Add mozzarella and parmesan; stir until combined.
- Transfer chicken back into the skillet and cook for 5 more minutes, or until sauce has thickened and chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 8
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS CALCULATED FOR 6 SERVINGS
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy