This post is sponsored by Cara Mia Products! All opinions are always 100% my own. Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Quesadillas are easy to make, quick and delicious! Each quesadilla is filled with a rich, yet lightened up spinach and artichoke dip. It will quickly become your new favorite type of quesadilla!
If you love spinach artichoke dip, you’ve also got to try my Spinach Artichoke Chicken Breasts Recipe, these yummy Stuffed Salmon with Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and this fun Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza. You can never have too much spinach and artichoke dip!
This Is The Best Way To Make Quesadillas
These quesadillas contain every ingredient needed for a happy day!
Hi ya! How’s it going? Let’s make a toast to hump day! Ewww, I hate that word.
Do you know what makes this day better, though? Knowing that you’ll be having Spinach and Artichoke Dip QUESADILLAS for dinner! And why aren’t you doing a head dive straight into these melty treats, anyhow?!
Honestly, I’m just happy to report that Spinach and Artichoke Dip is still alive and kickin’! I feel like it’s so retro, but I don’t care ’cause it’s SO good!
It has been too long since we talked artichokes + spinach. Too. Long. In fact, those two ingredients together haven’t appeared on here since my recipe for Spinach and Artichoke Dip Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes, which was way back in November. Of 2015!!
What Type of Artichokes Are Best For This Recipe?
Let’s just cut right to it –> the main idea here is that you fight temptation and stop eating these Cara Mia Marinated Artichokes straight from the jar, but instead, give said artichokes a swim in the skillet before they meet up with their bestie, baby spinach.
But, aside from being fun to eat, Cara Mia’s artichokes are also Trans Fat Free, Cholesterol Free, and Sugar Free. Dressed in a delicious oil and herb marinade, these boys are great in salads and dips, served as an appetizer, or tucked inside these amazing quesadillas.
How Do You Make Spinach and Artichoke Dip Quesadillas?
Like most recipes in my life, this one starts and ends with lightER cream cheese, lightER mozzarella cheese, and not so light, BUT very little parmesan cheese.
This is so easy to make: Prepare the dip, take some low carb tortillas, place ’em on a hot skillet, spread dip on one side of tortilla, flip it, flip it again, remove from heat, let stand, cut it in half, and repeat!
…Ooookay… now that I wrote it all out, it seems like a lot of work, but I promise, it is not. And it’s soooooo delicious! I also have this 3 year old that can confirm it – she inhaled a good quarter of the quesadillas. For reals. Girl can eat!
Do you need any more convincing that a Spinach and Artichoke Dip belongs inside warm tortillas?? Of course NOT! Now, get ‘er done!
Cara Mia Marinated Artichokes are available at select Walmart, Safeway, Albertsons, Kroger, DeMoulas, Raley’s, Save Mart, Smart & Final, King Soopers, Schnucks, Ralphs, Sprouts, Bashas and Dekalb Farmers Market stores and ONLINE. Look for them in the canned vegetable aisle or produce section.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Quesadillas
FOR THE DIP
- 1 cup Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts + 2 tablespoons marinade
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1 cup shredded low fat part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup fancy shredded parmesan cheese
FOR THE QUESADILLAS
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 Low Carb Flour Tortillas
PREPARE THE DIP
- Chop up the artichokes into smaller pieces.
- Set a nonstick skillet or saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped artichokes and marinade to the skillet; cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add spinach; stir and cook until wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in neufchatel cheese; continue to stir until completely melted.
- Add mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Cook and stir until all is melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
PREPARE THE QUESADILLAS
- Set an iron skillet or a frying pan over medium heat. (Iron skillet preferred)
- Drop a tablespoon of butter to melt.
- Divide up the prepared dip evenly over each flour tortilla.
- Transfer one tortilla to skillet, toppings-side-up.
- Cook for 30 seconds, or until heated through.
- Using a spatula, fold one side of the tortilla over the other.
- Cook for a few more seconds, or until it starts to sizzle; flip it over and continue to cook just until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Continue to cook the rest, adding more butter as needed.
- Cut each prepared tortilla in half and serve immediately.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.