One Pot Macaroni and Cheese with Spinach & Artichokes – Stove top one-pot Macaroni and Cheese packed with spinach and artichokes, and a creamy cheese sauce. Dinner will be ready in under 30 minutes!
This is something that might pull you away from the blue box macaroni and cheese for forever… I hope!
This post is sponsored by Cara Mia Products! All opinions are always 100% my own.
Hey Hey! Happy Fri-YAY! I just wrapped up an argument sesh with a 4-year old. She wanted to wear striped pants with a polka dot shirt to school, and I disagreed. What happened next was a 10-minute stretch of loud mouthed waaaaaahs!!!! and it wasn’t me. In the end, she walked out of here with striped pants and a polka dot shirt…
Is it wine o’clock, yet?! Praise GOD!
There are few things in life that excite me, and my daughter’s fashion sense isn’t one of them, BUT these extraordinary one pot macaroni and cheese happen to be way close to the top of that list.
This meal just hits it. It’s easy like Sunday mornin’, and it’s as delicious as artichokes can be. I believe adding Cara Mia’s Grilled Artichokes to all my food is a healing ritual. These are high quality artichoke hearts that were grilled and dressed in oil and herbs. You can eat them as is, straight from the jar, or you can stir them into this unique macaroni and cheese deal and become everyone’s food hero.
HOW TO MAKE ONE POT MACARONI AND CHEESE
This is how it all goes down. You will heat up a little STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil in that pan and get it really nice and hot, and then you stir in that beautiful garlic and watch it sizzle until you can finally smell that amazing garlic aroma… that’s when you know the truth is about to be delicious.
Next, you pile up all that food in there, give it a stir, cover and let it go, just like Elsa did.
Maybe I’m just completely lazy, but I LOVE this one-pot cooking deal. I hope you are with me on this one. It’s just placing different food items together in one pot and waiting for ’em to cook. You can like, fold a pile of clothes while it’s cooking, and have a free Friday night wine session + Netflix all to yourself.
STAR EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL is available at retailers nationwide including Safeway, Kroger, Vons, Albertsons, Food 4 Less, Save Mart, Target, Walmart, Schnucks, Food Lion, Stater Bros., Raley’s, Smart & Final, Bashas, King Soopers, Vallarta, Jewel, Smith’s, Dierbergs, HEB and Ralphs stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Stove top one-pot Mac ‘n Cheese packed with spinach and artichokes, and a creamy cheese sauce. Dinner will be ready in under 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni (use whole grain/multigrain macaroni)
- 1 bag (6 to 8 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup Cara Mia Grilled Artichokes , drained
- 1 cup cubed white cheddar cheese or pepperjack cheese
- 1/4- cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almondmilk or soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. (Use a pan with a lid)
- Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add macaroni, spinach, artichokes, cheeses, vegetable broth, milk, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Lower heat to a medium-low, cover with lid and continue to cook for 12 to 14 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. STIR about every 3 minutes to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir.
WW Smart Points: 14