One Pot Spinach & Feta Macaroni and Cheese – Stove top, one pot Mac ‘n Cheese covered in a creamy feta cheese sauce, tomatoes and fresh spinach. Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes!
Hey Hey Hey Fridaaaaaay! How you doin’?
FOUR reasons why Fridays are awesome:
One. We all clock out way before 5. Right, right? Don’t worry, your boss does, too. In fact, because I AM the boss here at Diethood headquarters, and the only employee, I clock out on Thursday…
Two. Netflix all night long!
Three. Saturday doesn’t have to start until I feel like it. Tomorrow, our Saturday will start at 10 a.m. Why? Because I said so. And because Netflix kept me up until 2 a.m.
Four. Mac ‘n Cheese for din din!! Pizza can wait.
Sometimes the simplest things are the most satisfying. For instance, Macaroni and Cheese. How simple, yet so darn good!
Since you and I haven’t had a one-pot pasta in a while, I wanted to share my latest too-many-after-school-activities-can’t-fix-dinner-night din din invention.
You know, I am not one to turn to a drive-thru on a busy night. That’s almost a big no-no around here. BUT! I can totally understand if you do. Completely understand. Seriously. The pressure of doing all these after school things is ginormous, so I feel ya.
BUT BUT BUT. I can kinda help you here. See, if I could, I would prepare this One Pot Spinach & Feta Macaroni and Cheese for you and I would feed you with it by the very large spoonful. However, since I really can’t be in your kitchen, I simplified this deliciousness by throwing it all in one pot and crossing my fingers for a miracle. Luckily for all of us, it worked. HIGH FIVE!
Here’s what, though. This baby demands stirring. Yeah. I learned the hard way. First time I tried making it, I wanted to kick myself so hard because washing the sticky stuff off that pan was close to impossible. I considered throwing it away. So, because I want you to save your pans and your hands, please stir this often. Every 3 minutes is good enough. That’s like 5 stirs. NO biggie.
This pan stops me right in my tracks. YUM!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE SPINACH & FETA MACARONI AND CHEESE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- pinch of salt
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 fresh tomatoes , diced
- 1 bag (8 to 10 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2- cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2- cup cubed white cheddar cheese
- 1/4- cup part skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups elbow macaroni (whenever possible, use whole grain/multigrain macaroni)
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almondmilk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. (Use a pan with a lid)
- Add onions and pinch of salt; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, cheeses, macaroni, vegetable broth, milk,and seasonings.
- Mix to combine and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Lower heat to a medium-low, cover with lid and continue to cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until pasta is cooked. Stir frequently, about every 3 minutes, to prevent sticking.
- Remove from heat and stir.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
WW SMART POINTS: 18
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!