Jalapeno Macaroni and Cheese Cups – Easy, cheesy, spicy, and creamy, these Macaroni and Cheese Cups are the perfect snack for your next tailgating party!
I’m giving us a whole lotta flavors with this one, buds! They are also dairy-free, meatless, but most of all, these mac ‘n cheese cups are made from scratch and are absolutely delicious! AND BONUS? You can’t mess up on the serving size.
Hi-YA, friends!! How the heck are you doing? Did you watch “The Voice” last night? All I could sing was, “Hold me closer, Adam and Blaaaaake…”. Serious.crush.
Also, do you even want to know how devastated I will be if that Jordan Smith doesn’t win?!? He was amazing. I forgot to even breathe during his performance. That boy can sing!
I know you’re not here to discuss musical talents so we’ll just dive right into other, more important news, like Dinnizer! That’s, dinner + appetizer in ONE.
Too corny? Okay.
I made us individual macaroni and cheese cups! With jalapenos, for kicks and giggles.
What has it been, like, 20 years since we last talked cheesy pasta? Too long. And okay, while this isn’t really anything ground breaking, it’s still pretty awesome, and I didn’t have to stand too long to make it.
I don’t know about you, but I’m way tickled when it comes to game-day munchies. I could live on ’em. That’s why when Silk knocked on zee bloggy, I listened!
They were like, looky here, Diethood. Make us somethin’ meatless that we can munch on during Monday Night Football, m’kay!? And I was like, okay, yeah, how does buffalo chicken sound? And they were like, uhm, not meatless.
And I was like, OH okay, yeah.
True story. I’m a bit embarrassed, but this too shall pass…
Luckily for us, their wish led me to these adorably cheesy treats.
I have made something very similar countless times for the lil’ ladies in this house, but as soon as I started to serve these macaroni and cheese cups as appetizers at our get-togethers and game day parties, they became one of the more popular items to bring around. Quite the change from all the crock pot chicken recipes that I always bring with me…
It’s hard to see with the naked eye, but this is actually on the side of healthy.
Check it. Silk Soymilk, Vegan Cheddar, Butter-Spread, Jalapenos, AND Elbow Macaroni.
That’s all folks! You’re only a few ingredients away from the best cheesy bite of ever.
IF you’re looking for more meatless, plant-based recipes for your game-day parties, hop over to Silk because they have tons of good-for-you food. Silk is committed to changing the world by helping people discover the benefits of a plant-based diet, and if that’s of interest to you, I urge you to join the Meatless Monday Night pledge. While you’re there, enter their giveaway for the Ultimate Game Day Room Makeover!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Jalapeno Macaroni and Cheese Cups (Dairy-Free, Vegan)
- 2 cups dry elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter spread (I use Earth Balance)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Silk Soymilk
- 1 egg , beaten, (optional)*
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- panko crumbs
- dried parsley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare macaroni per the directions on the box.
- Remove macaroni from the heat, drain and return to the pan over medium heat.
- Add butter spread, cheese, soymilk, egg, ground mustard, salt and pepper; mix and stir constantly until smooth, and cheese is melted.**
- Remove from heat and stir in jalapeno slices.
- Spoon macaroni mixture into the previously prepared muffin tin.
- Sprinkle tops of macaroni with panko crumbs and dried parsley.
- Spray tops of macaroni with cooking spray.
- Bake for 32 to 35 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove from oven and let stand in muffin tin for a few minutes to cool. This will also make it easier for them to hold their shape.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.