This post is sponsored by STAR Fine Foods, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON! Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti with Blistered Tomatoes – Tossed in roasted garlic oil, blistered tomatoes and a handful of parmesan cheese, these easy, 20-minute Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti are your best bet! YET!
All the garlic-lovers out theya, raise your hands in the a-ya, like you just don’t caya! *WAVING*
That one time I put roasted garlic oil on every food I ate, ever!
Oh…my…gosh. Soooo good!
Anywhoooo. HI HI, my favorite people! How goes it?! Nevermind that. It’s Friday, so it must be great! I hope!!
This week the sun’s been shining – NOT. The rain’s been stopping – NOT. And Fall has returned – YEP.
At this very moment, I’m sitting at my desk, wrapped in a blanket. In mid-June. Cray-zeee!
I’m also sipping on coffee, munching on dry cereal and listening to the news… ugh … my prayers are with you, Charleston. ♥
So, you know how Father’s Day is happening in like a minute? Well, in honor of that, and since my children are waaaay to young to cook for their Dad, I thought I should share one of my hubby’s fave recipes of mine.
If there was ever a meal that my husband could eat everyday for forever and ever, it would be spaghetti + a bulb of garlic + a JAR of tomato SAUCE. And a slice of chocolate cake to wash it all down.
But, now I am at a point in my life where I felt like I really needed to find a way to change up his thrice a week spaghetti din din and make it right.
With the help of my friends over at STAR, I made this Garlic Parmesan Spaghetti with Blistered Tomatoes and he inhaled it all. Theeeee End.
Um, not quite.
What this means is that I totally convinced Goce that there was lots o’ garlic in the pasghetti, but there really wasn’t any. Like zero. STAR’s Roasted Garlic Olive Oil did all the garlic job for me! That’s one step less for womankind in the kitchen! Mankind, too.
P.S. he is going to be seriously annoyed right now when he learns about my garlic game.
I’ll just eat it all and won’t even feel bad about leaving him none.
Plus the grated parmesan cheese, which if we’re being honest, is the second most important part in this garlic parmesan concoction… obvi. It plays two super important rolls: texture and taste. Swoon…
And the BLISTERED tomatoes?!? Cooked in the roasted garlic oil?!? Well, now, that’s flayva flave! Trust me when I say put this on your table, Ay-SAP.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh and new content delivered to your inbox!
Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
- 10 to 12-ounces dry spaghetti (use whole wheat spaghetti, if possible)
- 1/2 tablespoon STAR Roasted Garlic Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons STAR Roasted Garlic Oil
- 1 shallot , finely sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Fill a large pot with water.
- Add garlic oil and salt; bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti to the pot and cook according to the directions on the box.
- Add oil to a nonstick skillet; heat over medium-high heat
- Add the shallots and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and let sit for 2 minutes, or until they start to blister.
- Stir and continue to cook 2 more minutes.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet.
- Add parmesan cheese and cook and stir until thoroughly combined and heated through.
- Stir in fresh basil and parsley.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve immediately.
WW SmartPoints: 4