One Pot Spaghetti with Sausage Sauce Recipe – Made with pork sausage, peppers, mushrooms and pasta, this easy, one pot dinner recipe is on the table in just 30 minutes!
This post is sponsored by Jimmy Dean®, who I love for making classic roll sausages with nice, normal ingredients – and for helping me create the best dinner recipes, like spaghetti and burgers!
Dear sausage, spaghetti, and mushrooms that create my dinners in 30 minutes, I ♥ you, BIG time!
Can I just say one thing? I love that one-pot meals are a thing nowadays. My mom has been doing it for so many moons, and I didn’t think anything of it, BUT! I then became a mom and now I’m thanking her up and down for her wisdom in the kitchen. And everywhere else, of course!
As these things usually go in my world, I was rushing around like a fool trying to get dinner ready, and even though this came together on a whim, I have to admit that there are only two things that can bring this entire family to the table with a big smile on their face; spaghetti and meat. Burgers, too. LOTS of burgers. Potatoes, as well.
What do you think about this beauty?
THAT my lovelies, is a Sausage Smashed Burger created by our friends over at Jimmy Dean®. Ain’t it a beauty?! It’s also pretty darn amazing. Flavorful, of course, but also with a bit of crunch that comes in the form of a brussels sprouts slaw and homemade pickles. Made with Jimmy Dean®’s signature Regular Premium Pork Sausage, this burger lives up to its fullest potential. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Back up the train, though. Before I got down to working on this one pot spaghetti dinner, I took a trip to good ol‘ Meijer Stores and stocked up on some garden tools, shampoo, and Jimmy Dean®’s all the things: Regular Premium Pork Sausage, Country Mild Sausage, and HOT.
The Regular sausage for the burgers, Country Mild for my Spaghetti, and keepin‘ the hot one for some chili.
Jimmy Dean® Roll Sausage ain’t just for breakfast. It’s also the perfect addition to any meal, and a great way to spice up an otherwise ordinary weekday dinner.
This One Pot Spaghetti with Sausage Sauce Recipe is the juiciest, most flavorful pasta dish on the ever of ever. I have a 3 year old that loves to sop up everything with bread, and that is exactly what she did as soon as the rest of us left the dinner table. She kept going and going… Red sauce all over her mouth, shirt, pants… thank goodness for water.
Settle yourself into a nice and cozy apron, brown thy sausage and get on this. I think you’ll love it!
Okay. Buh bye!!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 1 green bell pepper , diced
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 roll (1 pound) Jimmy Dean Country Mild Pork Sausage
- 2 cans (4-ounces each) sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 2 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces dry spaghetti , break in half
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and peppers; cook for 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add sausage; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until crumbled and browned, stirring occasionally. Drain any excess fat.
- Return to heat; add mushrooms and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato paste and seasonings.
- Add chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Add spaghetti to the pot and return to boiling; reduce heat to medium low and
- boil gently, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes, or until spaghetti is thoroughly
- Remove from heat.
WW Smart Points: 8
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jimmy Dean®. All opinions are entirely my own.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy