Creamy Tomato One Pot Pasta – Easy to make, delicious creamy pasta! Throw all of your ingredients into one pot and dinner will be ready in just 20 minutes!
You know it’s a good week when I’m talking about pasta TWICE. Obviously. And it’s going to get better because this dish does all of its work in the same pot, at the same time. Booyah!
By the way, TGIF! Happy Friday! To those celebrating, HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY! Mine is next week! I’ll explain.
Two words: Macedonian Orthodox. Our calendar is a wee bit behind yours. Nevertheless, Blessings to you all!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CREAMY TOMATO ONE POT PASTA
Tell me, what’s on your Easter Menu? I’m working on ours this weekend and I’m starting with a batch of these Braided Butter Cookies. Dessert first. Always.
A few weeks ago I ate this Creamy Lemon One Pot Pasta for lunch… like, I ate almost allll of it … and I LURRRVED it! Enjoyed every darn bite of it!
But then, it got me thinkin’… my husband, the pastaholic, is obsessed with tomato sauce. Obsessed may be an understatement. The dude would bathe in tomato sauce, without a doubt. Thus, I started playing around; throwing tomatoes in the boiling water was NOT my smartest idea. Stirring in cream cheese and tomato sauce?!? BRILLIANT!
This is pretty much the only thing I want to eat every Friday. Total Friday food! If you ate a Yogurt Breakfast Bowl this morning, you can most definitely have alllll of THIS!
Okay, maybe not ALL of it, but most of it. With a side of Chardonnay. mmmmmmm!
If this pasta can’t be a part of your today, you should really consider it to be a part of your weekend. It’s just so goooood.
Let’s get all up in this! We’re throwing almost everything into the pot and stirring in your favorite pasta/tomato sauce. If you prefer less cream cheese and more tomato sauce, go ahead and add as much or as little as you want. I’d start with 3 ounces of cream cheese and 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, then adjust as needed.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Creamy Tomato One Pot Pasta - Easy to make, delicious creamy pasta! Throw all of your ingredients into one pot and dinner will be ready in just 20 minutes!
- 12 ounces whole grain fettuccine or linguine
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 large onion , sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 3 ounces Low-Fat Cream Cheese (or Neufschatel Cheese)
- 1-1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese , or to taste
- In a stockpot, combine pasta, water, vegetable broth, onions, basil leaves, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cover, cook over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove cover and continue to cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked and almost all liquid is absorbed; stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream cheese and tomato sauce; mix until combined.
- Stir in grated parmesan cheese; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Serve immediately.
WW SMART POINTS: 9