This Creamy Spinach Fettuccine recipe is the pasta dinner of your dreams! Fettuccine pasta tossed in a light, creamy spinach sauce and topped with toasted garlicky panko bread crumbs.
A HEALTHY AND EASY PASTA DINNER IDEA
Would you believe me if I told you that my other half scarfed down all of that is inside that pan up above? He did, child. He did. Can’t blame him. That stuff is daaaang good!
Would you also believe that I got a spankin’ brand new camera and I have NO clue as to how to use it?! If your eyes are hurting, I.am.so.sorry! There’s this whole learning curve involved… I promise it’ll get better!
But besides that, happy Sunday yo! What’s going awn? I’ve been back 4 days now and my jet lag is still going strong. Waking up at 3 am, going to bed at 1 pm, then again at 11 pm… I’m all kinds of messed up. Anyone have any tips on how to escape this insanity? Let me know, puhlease!
Also. There is no way to make this recipe sound as seriously delicious as it really is. And yes, I know, I made pasta, again. And there’s spinach in it. It’s a problem. Like, I haven’t made anything in recent memory that didn’t involve some use of spinach. However, if I could only ever make one meal(s) at home for the rest of forever, I would choose chicken + veggies + salads for life! Buuuuut, I have a family, and these 3 homies of mine LOVE their pasta. So, as always, I lose.
Sidenote, and to be quite honest, lately I’ve been chomping down on all the crazy raw goodies in the produce aisle. Ripe peaches, blueberries, juicy strawberries, fresh corn! Ah-may-zing! Soon it will all go away again so I am trying to get my fix before we say bye-bye.
Back to today’s story. My motivation for today’s recipe came as a result of that one Creamy Spinach and Feta Cheese Tortilla Wraps recipe that I can’t stop making. My God, that stuff is awesome! However, since I didn’t feel like hopping in the car to go and buy peppers and cream cheese, I improvised, and gosh darn it, this stuff was awesome, too. Turns out, so long as you add in enough garlic, all delicious things just fall into place.
The bright green spinach with the sauteed garlic and onion, white sauce, fettuccine pasta noodles, and crunchy panko crumbs make this a very filling, feel-good dish.
I loved it. That’s all.
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for fresh new content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Creamy Spinach Fettuccine
- 8- ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion , chopped
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/4- cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 bag (10-ounces) baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4- cup grated parmesan cheese
FOR THE PANKO BREAD CRUMBS
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1/4- cup panko bread crumbs
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box.
- In the meantime, heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl whisk together vegetable broth and flour.
- Transfer broth mixture to the pan and whisk in the milk; continue to whisk and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and add spinach leaves; cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently until spinach is welted and sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and fresh parsley.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and add cooked fettuccine; toss to combine and set aside.
FOR THE PANKO BREAD CRUMBS
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add panko bread crumbs to skillet and continue to cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until light brown and toasted.
- Top fettuccine with the toasted bread crumbs and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.