If you’re looking for a super delicious, yet easy-to-make pasta dinner idea to add to your weekly recipe rotation, try this Leek and Mushroom Fettuccine Pasta Dinner!
Keeping in the spirit of putting feta on every.thing… Let’s make some fettuccine with leek and mushrooms, and sprinkle it with feta cheese!
However, and first, we need to discuss.
I live in Indiana, and if you need corn, this is where you will find it. Fields and fields of corn is all you see for miles and miles…
At this present time, there’s a Farm Stand with a ton of corn in each corner of this state. Within a 10 mile radius, I can take you to at least 6 of ’em.
A good week ago, I found myself standing in the kitchen, eating bread-crust smothered with Nutella and thinking about what to do with all the corn that I just bought from the corner’s farm-stand. Of course I threw most of the corn on the grill and enjoyed a deliciously juicy Grilled Corn with Herbed Butter, but still. That gets boring, and boring food is no good.
So as I was sitting there stuffing my face at 6 in the morning, I decided to test the partnership that would involve corn, pasta and mushrooms. At 6 a.m.
My brain goes to all sorts of places when we decide to think about food. Literally, I can see the lights go on in my head, the disco balls turning, and my food-brain just getting out of control. In a good way, though! Not in a weird, she’s-lost-her-mind type of way.
I figured that if corn is easily combined with orzo, then it should be just as delicious with fettuccine. And it was. Hooray!
I know I’m not being completely revolutionary here – duh – buuuuuut this was damn good!
I added all sort of goodies in here. However, the leek is the star. It definitely dominates. You can smell it, taste it, love it. It’s SO GOOD!
In trying to keep it light and meatless, I added a good dose of chopped mushrooms, and with just a sprinkle of feta, this pasta dish is now our new favorite.
Until the next pasta dish that I make, and THAT will also be our new favorite.
If you’re looking for something easy, quick, but incredibly good, make this asap.
A super delicious, yet easy-to-make pasta dinner idea to add to your weekly recipe rotation! Try this Leek and Mushroom Fettuccine Pasta Dinner!
- 8- ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leeks , white and green parts only, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8- ounces white button mushrooms , wiped clean and roughly chopped
- 1 cup corn (you can use canned corn, frozen corn, corn off the cob, etc...)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook Fettuccine according to the directions on the package.
- In the meantime, heat butter in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add sliced leek, season with salt and cook until slightly tender, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in corn, garlic, and seasonings; continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and add it to the skillet.
- Add olive oil, toss to combine and continue to cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese, toss and serve.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 17
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!