I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #Collective Bias and its advertiser.
Layered spaghetti casserole dinner, combined with a saucy beef mixture cooked in butter olive oil, and topped with shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
First thing is first – TGIF! The weekend has arrived!
Let’s mention the other obvious – today is the last day of February. (Already?!?)
And last, but not least, even though tomorrow is the first day of March, the polar vortex decided to come back to Indiana; it’s -134 outside. Literally, it feels like ice is cutting through you when you walk out there.
But, cold or not, I have to get out there and shop. I have to be honest; the shopping part? That’s what makes this cold bearable.
On the other hand, thank goodness for Costco and all its things in one place, right?
Among other things, I picked up a huge package of Kirkland Beef, just in case another snow storm decides to hit us – I want to be prepared, ya know. As this polar vortex pulls into full swing, again, I find myself wanting to cook anything and everything comfort-food.
In fact, can we just talk about casseroles until this polar bear decides to find Antarctica, again?
Let’s discuss this Spaghetti Casserole. This is a family favorite. I pair cooked spaghetti with a thick, saucy, and delicious beef mixture cooked in olive oil. It’s SO GOOD!
This time around I traded my go-to olive oil for the Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil that I recently picked up at Walmart, since it is the only store that sells it.
All I can say is… butter. It’s profoundly comforting. All it takes is a good dose of this oil to take ground beef to a better level.
Flavor layering – this is some goooood stuff. There’s tomatoes, there’s mushrooms, there’s garlic, there’s all-things-amazing in this dish.
This is a skillet of food that can’t wait to be shared. This has every.thing. that a good, warm casserole should have. It’s layered, it’s beefy, it’s cheesy, it’s messy – good Lawwwwd, pass me the fork!
- 1 package (1-pound) spaghetti, cooked
- 2 tablespoons Star Butter Flavored Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- salt , to taste
- 1 pound Kirkland Ground Beef
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 package (8-ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (14.5-oz) Italian Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to the directions on the package; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over over medium heat.
- Add diced onions and season with salt; cook for 1 minute.
- Add ground beef, garlic, and season with pepper; continue to cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in sliced mushrooms, tomatoes, and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer; cover and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil and fresh parsley.
- Lightly grease a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer 1/3 of cooked beef mixture on the bottom of dish.
- Add 1/2 of cooked spaghetti over mixture.
- Top with half of remaining beef mixture.
- Layer spaghetti over beef.
- Top with the rest of the beef mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine both cheeses and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle cheese over beef.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let cool few minutes before serving.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD