Garlic Sauce Chicken – Pan-seared chicken thighs prepared with an incredible wine and garlic sauce.
Garlic Sauce Chicken: the dish that sits at the top of the list of our favorite chicken recipes, for now and for forever. Amen.
Hi ya, friends! Happy Happy Sunday to you all! <3 Hope that this saucy chicken finds you well!
This recipe was originally published on December 14, 2014, and updated with new photos and content on September 3, 2017.
We had some wonderful dinner guests couple of weeks ago and I fed them this amazingness called garlic sauce chicken plus cake, and it reminded me to update it here and share it with you all, once again. Trust me, you can’t go wrong with any of that. It’s a pretty damn good recipe.
This dish though… Oddly enough, I only serve it when we have company. That’s not to say that it’s hard to make. In fact, it’s very easy to make, however, if you want to make an impression, you gotta serve it to yo’ friends!
OR, serve them this Garlic Yogurt Baked Chicken, which is also ah.may.zing!
Which brings me to my next point. If you are looking to wow some friends and family, or even serve something different, THIS is it! YES, IT is! Would I lie to YOU? No.
Feel free to use more garlic if you want, but not less than what I’ve recommended. Also, bring out the best white wine that you got because this chicken is all about the garlic and the wine. They go hand in hand. It’s like garlic-infused-wine-chicken-something. It’s delicious. That’s all we need to know.
Have a great rest of this beautiful Sunday!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Pan-seared chicken thighs prepared with an incredible wine and garlic sauce.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 whole bulb of garlic , peeled, cloves separated
- 1 cup white wine (use a wine that you like)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken and season with salt and pepper.
- Cooking over medium heat, brown the chicken on both sides; about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add garlic cloves to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until golden; about 3 minutes. DO NOT BURN the garlic.
- Carefully add wine to the skillet.
- Stir in parsley and add rosemary.
- Transfer chicken back to skillet.
- Cover and continue to cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, turning the chicken over half way through cooking. Add 1/4-cup more wine if it looks too dry when you go to turn over the chicken.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer chicken to serving dish and spoon the garlic sauce over the chicken.
Serve with a side of vegetables and/or pasta.
WW SmartPoints: 12