Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta – Lemony, creamy, cheesy Shrimp and Pasta dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes, from start to finish!
Greetings, friends!! How’s it goin’? Happy Sunday! Fingers crossed, you are sitting down with your feet plopped up on the couch, remote control in one hand and a bag of chips in the other. Remember, calories don’t exist on Sundays… ahem.
For that reason, I just stress-ate an entire bag of pretzel rods.
It was a long week and we’re lucky I didn’t attack a large pizza with a side of ice cream. ‘Cause I should have…
And now, I will present to you THIS. THIS lemon shrimp pasta deal being ONE of my most requested/loved/favorite dinners.
Last week I bought shrimp. The cooked, frozen, ready to eat kind. They were so pink and pretty.
This week I found them all wrinkled up and practically dying in the fridge. Nothing new there and no harm done. I ate ’em and am still breathing. Obvi, they weren’t dying, per say.
I wanted to make some sort of battered shrimp again, but I had a taste for something creamy, something where the flavor would POP, something lemony! … you know??
Doesn’t that sound SO GOOD?
I thought so too.
Sidenote: When my Mom saw this picture, she said, “And THIS is how you lure people in?!? EWWW!”.
Clearly, I am my father’s daughter. THIS lady, a.k.a. my Mommy, dislikes seafood. Mucho.
Back to my story about my lemon shrimp pasta… As I was sippin’ on my glass of Chardonnay while cookin’ the penne, (don’t judge. AND… you don’t drink when you cook?!), I started dreaming about March and Spring… and yellow colors and lemons… and at that moment I just threw the shrimp in with the pasta, zested my lemon all over the sauce, lemon juice all over the counter… buuuuut, bada bing bada boom, we were done. Dinner was ready! Well, almost. I had to make the creamy cream sauce, first.
BTW, speaking of that Chardonnay… I was also jamming to ONE DIRECTION while watching the Wahlburgers. 😀
The win-win of this situation was that a) I was sipping on Chardonnay and b) sipping on Chardonnay, reminiscing about the New Kids and listening to the new mmmbop-guys WHILE tipsy. All is right with the world. ♥
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE CREAMY LEMON SHRIMP PASTA
Creamy Lemon-Shrimp Pasta
- 8- ounces dry penne pasta
- 1 bag (12-ounces) peeled and deveined medium shrimp
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2- cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2- cup skim milk
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley , divided
- parmesan cheese , for garnish
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box, adding the shrimp to the boiling water for the last 3 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in flour; whisk until flour isn't dry.
- Slowly whisk in the broth.
- Cook and whisk until mixture is smooth; continue to cook until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in parmesan cheese; whisk until melted.
- Whisk in the milk; whisk until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Sauce will continue to thicken as it stands. If sauce is too thick, add a little more milk.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Pour sauce over the cooked pasta and shrimp; mix until combined.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Transfer to plates; garnish with remaining parsley and a sprinkle of shredded parmesan cheese.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.