Introducing our irresistible Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta! This exquisite dish combines the tangy zest of fresh lemons with succulent shrimp and a velvety sauce that will have you asking for more.
Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta – A Burst of Fresh Flavors!
Looking for a pasta dish that combines the tangy brightness of lemon with the juicy goodness of shrimp? Look no further! Our Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta recipe is here to tantalize your taste buds and take your dinner to the next level.
Imagine twirling your fork into a nest of al dente pasta coated in a creamy sauce that perfectly balances the brightness of lemon and the richness of the seafood. As you take your first bite, the tender shrimp add a burst of savory goodness, complementing the flavors of the dish.
This pasta dinner is a true symphony of flavors and textures. Each ingredient works together to create a comforting and filling dish. Whether looking for a quick and satisfying weeknight meal or planning a special dinner for loved ones, Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta is the perfect choice. The bright and refreshing flavors are guaranteed to leave a lasting impression on everyone fortunate enough to savor this fantastic dish.
Ingredients for Shrimp Pasta
- penne pasta
- peeled and deveined shrimp
- olive oil
- all-purpose flour
- vegetable broth or chicken broth
- shredded Parmesan Cheese
- skim milk
- lemon zest + lemon juice
How To Create a Creamy Pasta With Shrimp
- Begin by cooking the pasta according to the directions on the package. Add the shrimp to the boiling water in the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, heat a bit of olive oil in a skillet and add the garlic. Cook for a bit and then whisk in the flour, followed by the chicken broth. Cook and whisk until the mixture is smooth and begins to thicken.
- Remove it from the heat and whisk in the parmesan cheese until melted. Continue to whisk in the milk and season it all with salt and pepper. Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Drain the pasta and return it to the cooking pot. Pour the prepared sauce over the cooked pasta and shrimp and mix until combined. Serve with a garnish of parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Whether preparing a romantic dinner for two or hosting a dinner party with friends, this creamy pasta will surely impress, but you should add a few of these sides to make a complete dinner. 🍽️
- This Crunchy Kale and Quinoa Salad is easy to make and good for you, too, tossed with kale, apples, grapes, bell pepper, and more!
- Our fresh sesame cucumber salad is also just as awesome and very refreshing.
- Then there are these roasted carrots with garlic butter, OR you can pair the creamy pasta with my pan roasted asparagus!
Don’t wait another moment to dive into this flavorful adventure. Try our Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta and get ready to indulge in a truly unforgettable dining experience. Bon appétit!
Creamy Lemon-Shrimp Pasta
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta
- 12 ounces peeled and deveined fresh shrimp
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth or chicken broth
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup skim milk
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- shredded or grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the box, adding the shrimp to the boiling water for the last 3 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 20 seconds, or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- Whisk in the flour; whisk until the flour isn't dry.
- Slowly whisk in the broth; cook and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Continue to cook until the mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in the parmesan cheese until melted.
- Whisk in the milk until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Sauce will continue to thicken as it stands. If sauce is too thick, add a little more milk.
- Drain the pasta and shrimp and return it to the pot.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the cooked pasta and shrimp; mix and stir until combined.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley.
- Transfer the pasta to dinner plates; garnish with remaining parsley and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- I use Penne Pasta for this recipe because it goes great with the creamy sauce. When cooking pasta, use about 4 quarts of water for every pound. Sufficient water helps the pasta cook evenly and prevents it from sticking together.
- Please use fresh (raw) shrimp for this recipe, not cocktail shrimp.
- It is important to whisk, whisk, whisk so that the sauce is smooth and does not curdle.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.