Indulge in the deliciousness of this easy Garlic Shrimp with bacon in creamy parmesan sauce. This fantastic dish features garlicky shrimp and crispy bacon, all smothered in a creamy parmesan sauce. It’s a restaurant-quality meal that you can easily create in the comfort of your own home.
Get ready for an incredibly creamy garlic shrimp recipe, all tossed up in a rich parmesan sauce and cooked in just one skillet in less than 15 minutes! This dish is so dreamy with its blend of garlic, butter, bacon, and shrimp, not to mention the addition of heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and a splash of lemon juice. It’s a combo of bright flavors paired with my favorite seafood. Plus, for those watching their carb intake, this recipe is low in carbs and high in protein, making it an excellent choice for Keto dieters.
Ingredients For Garlic Shrimp
- For the Bacon: Four slices of thick-cut bacon.
- For the Shrimp: Butter, shrimp, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- For the Sauce: Chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, grated parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
How To Make Garlic Shrimp
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet to a desired doneness/crispiness; remove from pan.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and add the shrimp and garlic. Cook for just a few minutes or until the shrimp is pink and opaque. Don’t overcook the shrimp because they will turn out dry and rubbery.
- Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add heavy cream and some chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Stir in the parmesan cheese and let simmer for a couple of minutes or until thickened and creamy.
- Return shrimp and bacon to skillet; simmer for just a minute, or until everything is warmed through.
Rice is always an obvious choice, but you can serve shrimp over pasta or try them with smashed potatoes. To keep it low carb, serve shrimp with meaty mushrooms or spaghetti squash pasta. I also serve this as an appetizer on game days!
Store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Easy Shrimp Recipes
- Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice
- Creamy Shrimp Fettuccine Pasta
- Lemon Garlic Herb Shrimp in Packets
- Coconut Lime Shrimp
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Easy Garlic Shrimp
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1.5 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- squeeze of lemon juice
- chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- lemon slices, for serving
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle the chopped bacon into the hot skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or to a desired crispiness. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add butter to the skillet and let it melt. Stir in shrimp and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until just cooked through and pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken broth to the hot skillet and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk in parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning; lower heat to a steady simmer and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until creamy and thickened.
- Return bacon and shrimp to the skillet and let simmer for a minute, or just until heated through.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the shrimp; stir and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- Store the shrimp in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.