Garlicky Lemon-Parmesan Broccoli – A quick, healthy, delicious, and EASY side dish with steamed broccoli tossed in olive oil with garlic, lemon juice and fresh parmesan!
All praise to the best veggie in the universe! I have a 4 year old that gave up her Elsa doll for a plate full of these Lemon-Parmesan Broccoli! 1-o for THIS MAMA!
Hey heeeey! What’s up what’s up?! Isn’t this summer just so super wonderful? All the 105 degrees with 100% humidity + all-the-allergens? Ain’t it grand?! *squirting Flonase up my nostrils* 👃👀UGH!
AND!! I’ve got fluid in my ears… they’re RINGING! boooo!
I do love the warm weather so, so much, but damn, allergies ain’t fun. Got some home remedies for me? Please, PLEASE share in the comments! 🙏🙏🙏
So now that I’ve grossed you out with sneezes and all the wonderful fluids that come with it, wanna discuss food?!? 😂 😚
This ain’t just any broccoli you know? It should also be known as: HOW TO GET YOUR VEGGIE HATERS TO EAT THEIR BROCCOLI!
Okay. Maybe that’s not always attainable, but still. We can try. It worked on my husband.
When preparing broccoli, I start with a game of eeny meeny miny mo because I can’t ever decide on these guys OR my other garlicky, yet buttery broccoli with bread crumbs… these are my life decisions…
Almost every single time I DO choose the buttery guys, but because of a cute, blonde, 4-year old, as of late, THIS broccoli recipe has been making its appearance repeatedly. But really, this was her lunch almost every single day last week. EVERY SINGLE DAY. I think it was the cheese that reeled her in.
One of the things that I find incredible is that this broccoli recipe is ready in under 10 minutes. Which means, like, you have no excuse not to eat your veggies, people!
Besides, when you add garlic and parmesan cheese and lemon juice to the mix? It doesn’t even taste like veggies! Granted, it doesn’t taste like a burger, either, but whatever. Life ain’t always fair. Balance is what we’re after. bla bla bla. I sound like Tony Robbins…
Go shave some parmesan, juice a lemon and get IT done!
P.S. I served these with that Sticky Chicken from the other day – SO GOOD!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 3/4- cups salted water
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4- cup shaved parmesan cheese
- Add water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli to boiling water and cover.
- Cook for 6 minutes, or until fork-tender.
- Remove from heat; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Pat dry the broccoli and add to a bowl; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook and stir for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant. DO NOT BURN THE GARLIC.
- Remove from heat and the oil mixture to the broccoli.
- Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Garnish with lemon zest and parmesan shavings.
WW Smarts Points: 3