Spicy, Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs – An easy and quick one skillet meal including sticky, tender and delicious chicken thighs rubbed with a homemade spice rub and brushed with an amazingly sweet honey sauce.
The glory that is this amazingness… If I was this sticky chicken, I’d kiss myself. It’s SO delicious AND pretty.
Hi Hi! Happy DAY! Sundays are DA best! I slept in, I took a shower, I ate… oh wait. That was back in 2006. Sundays with two kids under 7 years old don’t look like that no mo’, but hey, who’s complaining?! 😉
On the other hand, in 2006 I also didn’t really cook my own sticky chicken. Rather, I would hop over to my fave Asian restaurant and eat up all-the-chicken, trying to cure a Saturday night hangover… Fun dayz. And nights!
Regardless of my 20-something shenanigans, though, if you want to be extra deliciously awesome today, I urge you to get this sticky-chicken going, asap.
I mean, what can I say about it? It might not be YOUR world’s best thighs, but it’s just what my mouth wants to eat every day all day.
SWEET AND STICKY CHICKEN THIGHS
Let’s get right down to it. I adore this meal for many reasons, one of them being that you actually make your own spicy spice-rub, and you get to control the heat. Secondly, the honey sauce. It’s just a combination of honey and apple cider vinegar! I might be a bit biased, but I use STAR’s Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar and it’s wonderful. Just an FYI.
If you want this to be even more awesome, I suggest cooking it in coconut oil – ohhhh yes. From the moment you taste it, it’s going to have you hooked to this flavor-loaded, saucy, sticky and sweet treat.
Also, judging by how closely our food tastes align most of the time, I’m going to guess that you’ll love this just as much as me, and it will be added to your rotation just as it has been a part of mine for a long time.
P.S. One more thing that you and I love – this all happens in just one skillet. Or, one cast iron skillet. ’tis all. Love ya!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE GARLIC SPICY, SWEET, AND STICKY CHICKEN THIGHS
Spicy, Sweet and Sticky Chicken Thighs
FOR THE SPICE RUB
- 2 teaspoons , or to taste, chili powder
- 1 teaspoon or to taste , paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
FOR THE HONEY SAUCE
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon unrefined , cold pressed coconut oil
- 6 to 8 boneless , skinless chicken thighs
- green onions , for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Melt coconut oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Combine the spice rub ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Rub the chicken with the prepared spice rub and toss to coat.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Prepare the honey sauce by combining honey and apple cider vinegar in a mixing bowl; stir until well incorporated.
- Remove chicken from heat and pour honey sauce over the chicken thighs, turning to coat.
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let stand couple minutes.
- Plate and garnish with green onions.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.