This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Success® Rice.
Shrimp Fried Rice – Loaded with shrimp, this Fried Rice is made with fragrant Basmati Rice and vegetables, and it only takes 20 minutes to make!
Let’s just be real. The day after Labor Day is hard. I mean, look at me. I didn’t get to work until 5:00 pm today. In another world, the one where you have to dress up and drive to get to your office, this would be unacceptable. But in my world? And in my office?! This is SO Monday! Except that it’s Tuesday, but it totally feels like a Monday.
In other news, shrimp seems to really like my silver pan. I wasn’t kidding when I said that we’d have shrimp, again, this week.
Have you noticed? Around here, we are forever in love with rice. Chicken and Rice Casserole in one corner and Chicken Rice and Vegetable Skillet in another… Looks like we are also in love with chicken.
I enjoy making rice, but I like to make rice that comes together in a pinch. I certainly love to eat risotto, but making it takes for…ev…errrr. I leave risotto-makin’ to my Mom.
BUT when it comes to Fried Rice, or General Tso’s Chicken, Success® Basmati Rice is mah main squeeze.
Success® Basmati Rice is the only Boil-In-Bag Basmati Rice available. It’s long, it’s fragrant, and it’s fluffy! Best part? BPA-Free Boil-In-Bag means NO mess, NO measuring involved, AND fully cooked rice in just 10 minutes. With 4 varieties available including, Success® Whole Grain Brown Rice, Success® White Rice, Thai Jasmine or Basmati Rice, there’s a delicious variety for everyone.
You should definitely try your own twist on one of your favorite recipes by swapping an aromatic variety into some of your go-to rice dishes just as I have with this Shrimp Fried Rice.
This recipe is big and it’s goooood! It feels simple and well-known, but it also feels indulgent. It is a straightforward, “What to do with my Leftovers” recipe that everyone needs to have in their arsenal. For reals. This stuff is SO GOOD. I could try to go on and on to explain it’s amazingness, but, really, all you need to do is pick up Success® Basmati Rice and shrimp, and get to cookin’, stat!
For more recipe ideas, check out Success® Basmati Rice
Shrimp Fried Rice | Thingamajig Tuesdays with Success® Rice
- 1 bag (12-ounces) medium or large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 to 4 cups cooked and completely cooled Success® Basmati Rice (preferably few hours old, or up to a day.)
- 3 green onions , sliced into small rounds, white parts only (reserve the greens for garnish)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots , thawed
- 3 eggs , lightly beaten
- soy sauce , to taste.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and season with salt and pepper; Toss with corn starch and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and allow to cook for a minute; turn over and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Return pan to heat and lower to medium-low; add the beaten eggs and stir to scramble them while they cook.
- When cooked through, remove eggs from pan and place them in the plate with the shrimp.
- Return pan to heat and add green onions; cook for a few seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and mix well; continue to cook for 4 minutes, or until rice begins to sizzle. Cook 1-minute longer for a crunchier texture.
- Add carrots, peas, shrimp, eggs, and soy sauce; stir to combine.
- Cook for 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and garnish with remaining sliced green onions.