Easy Chicken Fried Rice – This Chicken Fried Rice is so much better than takeout, and you won’t believe how easy AND quick it is to make!
Talk about a one-pan, wam-bam thank-you-ma’am recipe! 😜
Hi, friends! How are you? What are you up to?! Wanna know what I’m up to? OH-kay! ⬅ said in Monica’s voice. (Monica Gellar!!)
So. Today, I’m traveling to Myrtle Beach, where it’s 30 degrees warmer than here, and where I will be sharing a few days away from work with several of my colleagues. We will be eating, drinking, talking, eating again, and so on… all I can say is, YAY MEEEE! 🙌
BUT! More importantly, we’re here for the food and not for my bragging. Back to bizness.
One of my goals in life is to serve my family – AND YOURS – all the takeout copycats that I can make.
Thing is, I love a ready-to-go meal just as much as the next person, but I honestly love my home cooked dinners way, way, waaaay more. I can’t help it. I think it’s because home cooked food equals comfort food which equals winter and all the cold and snow that comes with it. Thank goodness we are in the homestretch because, Spring is so close, I can almost feel it!
About that rice…
This chicken fried rice is soooo a Wednesday recipe. Like, hey Wednesday, I got this! No drive-thrus tonight, aight!?! BECAUSE! this is simple and versatile and loaded with flavor.
Lately, we have been HOOKED on pineapples. I’m talking at least once a week. Every kind of recipe you can imagine, whatever good stuff I can get my hands on, I throw pineapples on it.
- Crock Pot Pineapple Barbecue Sauce Pork Chops ☑
- Grilled Salmon with Pineapple & Piquillo Peppers Salsa ☑
- Pineapple Upside Down Yogurt Cake ☑
Thus, our fried rice didn’t stand a chance without a few chunks of ’em.
Working off my Shrimp Fried Rice recipe, sometimes I find that I gotta mix it up and share these little simple things with you. We have rice, some chicken, lots of veggies, more rice… and it all happens in one pan.
All you have to do here is throw some stuff in a skillet and eat it. I don’t even bother putting it on a plate. I just stand above the stove and “taste-test” for, like, forever! It’s THAT good. Trust me. Make it and you’ll see.🍜
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE:
Easy Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 12- ounces skinless , boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 3 to 4 cups cooked and completely cooled long grain white rice (preferably few hours old, or up to a day)
- 3 green onions , sliced into small rounds, white parts only (reserve the greens for garnish)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots , thawed
- 3 eggs , lightly beaten
- low sodium soy sauce , to taste (I always add about a tablespoon)
- Place cubed chicken pieces in a bowl and season with salt and pepper; toss with corn starch and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned and fully cooked.
- Transfer cooked chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add pineapple chunks; cook for 2 minutes, or until slightly browned on the sides; remove from pan and place them in the plate with the chicken.
- Return pan to heat and lower to medium-low. If needed, add 1 more tablespoon canola oil.
- Add the beaten eggs to the skillet and stir to scramble them while they cook.
- When cooked through, remove eggs from pan and place them in the plate with the chicken.
- Return pan to heat and add green onions; cook for a few seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and mix well; continue to cook for 4 minutes, or until rice begins to sizzle. Cook 1-minute longer for a crunchier texture.
- Add carrots, peas, chicken, pineapples, eggs, and soy sauce; stir to combine.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
- Remove from heat and garnish with remaining sliced green onions.
Recipe NotesWW SmartPoints: 12