Garlic Butter CRISPY Baked Shrimp Scampi topped with crunchy and buttery parmesan crumbs. The easiest way to cook shrimp in just 15 minutes!
CRISPY BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI
Baked Shrimp Scampi can be served as an appetizer or even a light meal over zucchini noodles OR pasta. It’s delicious, perfectly crunchy and buttery, low carb, and you won’t be able to stop eating it!
One of my favorite quick shrimp dinners is hot and juicy shrimp served over zoodles with a simple garlic butter sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice. That was UNTIL I made THIS Baked Shrimp Scampi inspired by Ina Garten’s recipe.
While Ina’s recipe is fat-full and carb-happy – uhm, of course! – I worked on a version that keeps carbs on the low down, but with maximum flavor and all the juiciness.
WHAT IS SHRIMP SCAMPI?
Scampi refers to a dish of large or jumbo shrimp that are cooked with garlic and butter or olive oil.
HOW TO MAKE BAKED SHRIMP SCAMPI
To make this recipe, you will first need to get a bag of jumbo raw shrimp. Also, get these keto-friendly low carb pork panko crumbs. If you are not following a low carb or Keto diet, you can just use regular panko crumbs.
- First, peel and devein the shrimp; transfer to a baking dish.
- Melt butter and stir in garlic, lemon, seasonings, and herbs; pour over the shrimp and set aside.
- In a bowl combine grated parmesan cheese with panko crumbs, remaining butter, and paprika; sprinkle crumbs mixture over shrimp.
- Pop it in the oven for 12 minutes, or until golden and bubbly.
- Turn on the broiler and give the shrimp another minute in there to get that golden brown color on top.
- Remove from oven and serve.
HOW LONG SHOULD SHRIMP BE BAKED FOR?
- Raw Shrimp should be baked for about 9 to 12 minutes, depending on their size, in a 350˚F preheated oven. However, if making this Baked Shrimp Scampi recipe, follow the directions for how to bake in a 425˚F degree oven.
- I advise not to bake pre-cooked shrimp because they will turn out rubbery and inedible.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVER SHRIMP
- Store baked shrimp in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES
- Baked Shrimp Dip
- Lemon Herb Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Garlic Butter Shrimp and Rice
- Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Baked Shrimp Scampi
- 2 pounds raw large shrimp, peeled, deveined (tails on or off)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup melted butter, divided (use about 5 tablespoons solid butter)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup pork panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika, or more, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Arrange shrimp in a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter, then whisk in lemon juice, minced garlic and minced parsley; pour half of the garlic butter mixture over shrimp and stir the shrimp around until well combined. Arrange shrimp in a single layer inside the baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining melted butter, pork panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, and paprika; mix well.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the shrimp.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Set oven settings to BROIL and cook for another minute or two, or until the top is golden and crispy.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish baked shrimp with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 5
NET CARBS: 1g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.