Asian Beef Skewers – A flavorful sweet-and-savory marinade lends an amazing flavor to these delicious beef skewers!
One thing about these Asian Beef Skewers: Must.Eat.NOW.
Thank you, Argo® Corn Starch, for sponsoring this post! All opinions are always 100% my own.
Hello, my dear friends! You might be raising your eyebrows at the mention of skewers in the mid of January, buuuut! There’s always a but. These beef skewers are prepared in the broiler. 8 minutes, 10 minutes tops, and they’re done! Forget about waiting until warm, grilling weather – these have to happen now as it’s an easy Asian comfort food.
Look, we’re talking about top round steak ✔ bell peppers ✔ and a truly truly tasty soy sauce marinade made with Argo® Corn Starch and Karo® Syrup + a few more dazzling ingredients to pull it all together.
I adapted this recipe from Argo® using their corn starch, and because corn starch is completely gluten-free, it is the perfect substitute in cooking and baking when flour and other glutinous starches have to be avoided. Bonus? It is nearly flavorless, and this thickener allows the natural flavors of the food to come through.
Sidenote: Make sure to hop on over to Argo’s website to see and be inspired by all their delicious recipes.
So the threaded layers go something like this: first, make the marinade. Second, drop in the cut up beef, mix it all together, and put it away for at least 4 hours, or even overnight. THEN, thread the beef and bell peppers onto 6 metal skewers, pop ’em in the broiler for 10 minutes and scarf it all down. No pots and pans to wash up, and food on a stick just tastes so much better.
Oh and hey. Soy sauce on the side for dipping is not optional. It’s a must must must!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 1 tablespoon Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/2 cup Liquid Amino Acids OR Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Karo® Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame Seeds
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 pounds beef top round steak (1-inch thick), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3 colored bell peppers , cut into squares that are about 1 inch by 1 inch.
- Stir corn starch, soy sauce, corn syrup, oil, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger and pepper in a deep mixing bowl; add beef and green onions and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining with foil and place a wire rack over the baking sheet. Set aside.
- Remove beef from fridge; drain the beef, but reserve marinade.
- Thread beef and prepared bell peppers onto 12-inch metal skewers.
- Transfer skewers to the baking rack.
- Broil 6 inches from source of heat, turning occasionally and brushing with reserved marinade, 8 to 10 minutes or until meat is browned on all sides.
- Serve immediately.
WW Smart Points per 1 skewer: 12
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy