Sheet Pan Chicken “Stir Fry” – Just one pan and 30 minutes is all you will need to make this amazing meal! Skip the wok and make this quick and healthy chicken stir fry dinner in the oven!
This easy Chicken and Vegetables Stir Fry is healthy, light, full of great Asian flavors and made in one pan for easy clean up!
Holy Sheet Pan, I LOVE YOU!
Hello, Friends! Hello, Friday! Hello, DECEMBER!? Wow… You mean, 2016 is about to come to a close?! Damn. That was fast.
Also? December means snow – I just don’t want the snow. I like December, it’s a nice month, but no snow, please. And nothing under 40F. Who do I need to speak to about these demands, anyhow?
I’m also thinking about buying knee-high boots and rockin’ it out, Pretty-Woman-style. I think I can do it.
You’re like, just stop and give us food.
I made this Sheet Pan Chicken Stir Fry Recipe a few weeks ago because I started to reminisce about that Sheet Pan Garlic Roasted Salmon with Brussels Sprouts.
In all honesty, just like that salmon, this Chicken Stir Fry earned a permanent spot on my go-to recipes. I’ve not been able to get it out of my head, so I just have to share it with you, too.
Thing is, I could eat any type of stir fry every day of my life, but it has to be GOOD. Like, good good. Like, it’s got to have a nice tang, a subtle sweetness, a bit of spice, and lots of flavor.
HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN CHICKEN STIR FRY
Here’s what you do: IF time permits, marinate the chicken. If not, no biggie.
Secondly: Make the marinade. It’s just some soy sauce, a bit of honey (of course), sesame oil, too, as well as a dash of this and a dash of that.
You’re next move is to combine all the veggies and chicken, then toss them all around with the prepared marinade.
While you’re working on all of that, you will preheat the sheet pan in the oven so that when you’re ready to add your food to it, it will be nice and hot and sizzling. Then, after just 13-ish minutes in the oven, dinner will be all done and ready to serve.
Seriously, this is fab. It’s GREAT for weekdays, but weekends, too! The chicken packs a punch of protein, and the veggies are awesome because ain’t nothing better than a ROASTED veg. Nah.thing.
You can enjoy this AS IS, or for a more authentic and filling din din, serve it over a fabulous bowl of rice.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE SHEET PAN CHICKEN STIR FRY
Sheet Pan Chicken Stir Fry
FOR THE MARINADE/SAUCE
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
FOR THE CHICKEN AND VEGETABLES
- 1 pound chicken tenders cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced into thin strips
- 1 orange bell pepper , sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 carrots , thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- crushed red pepper , optional
- toasted sesame seeds , optional
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and place it in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the marinade/sauce by combining the soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, honey and ground ginger in a mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- *In a separate bowl, combine chicken pieces, peppers, broccoli, carrots, onions, and garlic.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and veggies and season with salt and pepper; mix and stir until well combined.
- Carefully remove sheet pan from the oven; transfer the chicken and vegetables flat on the hot baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet back in the oven and cook, stirring halfway through, until the chicken is fully cooked, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and season with crushed red pepper.
- Taste for seasonings; adjust accordingly.
- Top with sesame seeds.
FOR MORE DELICIOUS ASIAN INSPIRED RECIPES, CHECK OUT THIS CASHEW CHICKEN from Rasa Malaysia