Delicious chicken thighs and crispy asparagus tossed in a bright lemon butter sauce. One of my favorite chicken thigh recipes and an easy, 30-minute chicken dinner idea bursting with bright flavors!
Easy Boneless Chicken Thighs Recipe
An easy sheet pan dinner with Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs that comes together real quick and it’s REAL delicious! The chicken thighs and asparagus are brushed with a flavorful buttery lemon sauce, and everything is cooked at the same time, on the same sheet pan for easy clean up.
How do you take your Instant Pot Lemon Butter Chicken PLUS your Creamy Lemon Chicken with Asparagus and put them together for a quicker, easier meal? Looky there ➡️ Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Asparagus IS the answer.
It’s also healthier, it’s low in carbs, and Keto-friendly! Just don’t use the honey – opt for some sweetener, instead.
Do you see it there with that golden brown color on top, and the bright, lemony sauce over it? LOVE!
Plus the big side salad and the hot crusty bread NOT pictured? Because it wouldn’t be low carb if it was?
Yeah… not much else needs to be said because simple ingredients and an easy cooking method are the perfect foundation for a quick but tasty meal.
LEMON GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN THIGHS
THIS, in essence, is a situation that just involves juicy chicken thighs and asparagus coated in a garlicky lemon butter sauce. Here’s how this goes;
- First, you want to grab about 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Arrange those chicken thighs on a lined sheet pan.
- Next, clean up the asparagus, trim off the ends, and arrange the asparagus around the chicken thighs. Or, next to them. Set sheet pan aside.
- Place some butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Add garlic to the melted butter, as well as some seasonings, fresh lemon juice, and honey or sweetener. Whisk it all together until completely combined.
- Grab a pastry brush and brush the lemon butter mixture all over the chicken thighs and asparagus; coat everything evenly.
- Pop it in the oven at 425˚F for 20 minutes, or until chicken is done and asparagus is tender.
That.is.all. How easy was that?! I’m literally puckering my mouth right now as I think about the awesome flavors.
You are going to love this meal. It’s so easy and it’s perfect for those busy weeknights.
How To Store Leftovers
- Place completely cooled chicken thighs and asparagus in an airtight container.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 days.
How To Freeze
- Place completely cooled chicken thighs in freezer bags; store in the freezer for 2 to 3 months.
More Chicken Thighs Recipes
- Juicy Stove Top Chicken Thighs
- Garlic Sauce Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Chicken Thighs with Brown Sugar Glaze
- Instant Pot Sticky Chicken Thighs
One Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Asparagus
- 6 to 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound asparagus, ends trimmed
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sweet or smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice,
- 1 tablespoon honey, If on Keto or eating low carb, use a sweetener and adjust to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- lemon slices, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Arrange chicken thighs and asparagus on the sheet pan and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place butter in a mixing bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Pull melted butter out of the microwave and whisk in garlic, paprika, onion powder, thyme, basil, lemon juice, and honey or sweetener.
- Grab a pastry brush and brush the buttery mixture all over the chicken thighs and asparagus.
- Cook for 20 to 23 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
18 comments on “One Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs and Asparagus”
Can I use chicken thigh with bone and skin?
Yes, you can, but they will take longer to cook. I suggest to give the chicken a headstart in the oven and add the asparagus to the pan about 10 minutes later.
Excellent flavor….love sheet pan meals! My new “fast food”! Added a little more garlic (can never really have too much!) and thin slices of carrots. Like spring on a plate!
That’s great!! I am very happy you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
Love all the flavors in this dish! Perfect weeknight meal!
Looks like a fabulous dinner! Everything I love in one place, so excited to make this!
So easy and flavorful! I’ve gotta try this ASAP
This was so easy and yummy! I did substitute chicken breast and I also added tiny session potatoes that a microwaved for a few minutes before roasting.
Love how quick and easy this dinner is. So perfect for any weeknight!
This was so delicious! So much flavor especially from the chicken thighs.
Sounds insanely delicious! This is my kind of dinner, so tasty and packed of flavors and can’t wait to try this!
This was mouthwatering delicious!
My favorite all time dinne! I should make this tonight. It’s so easy!
I was so easy to make it! Everyone in my family loved this recipe! A must try!
I’ll have to give this recipe a shot. Especially since your chicken turned out so much nicer than mine ever does.
Everyone loved this for dinner and bonus that it was easy clean up too!
This was not only delicious but quick. I served it with garlic butter potatoes. I will definitely make this again.
Simple and delicious.