Honey Sriracha Baked Chicken Breasts – Flavor-packed, sweet and spicy oven baked Chicken Breasts slathered with the most delicious Honey Sriracha glaze. The first bite is going to have you hooked with its flavor-loaded, saucy and sticky amazingness.
HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN
There’s nothing better than a deliciously tender and juicy chicken recipe that’s made with just a handful of ingredients. A dose of Sriracha gives these chicken breasts an extra bump of flavor and creates the most perfect sweet and sticky sauce.
Also, this baked chicken recipe is great for easy meal-prep dinners throughout the week: shred the chicken, store in an airtight container, and use it for salads, sandwiches, or wraps.
Keep in mind, sriracha sauce is a bit spicy, so adjust the amount according to your taste.
But, other than that, this is restaurant quality (take-out) chicken made right in your own kitchen.
HONEY SRIRACHA SAUCE
The honey-sriracha sauce/glaze is quite delicious and very simple to make.
- To start, in a small bowl you’ll want to combine honey, sriracha, garlic, white vinegar, soy sauce, and lime juice. Set aside until ready to use.
HOW TO MAKE HONEY SRIRACHA BAKED CHICKEN
- Start with browning the chicken breasts in a skillet for about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour Honey-Sriracha Sauce over the chicken; cover and bake.
- When chicken is done, grab a few tablespoons of the cooked sauce, mix it with cornstarch, pour it back into the baking dish, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions, and serve with lime wedges.
If you don’t have time to brown the chicken, that’s no issue! You can just arrange the chicken breasts in a baking dish, pour over the sriracha sauce, and pop it in the oven.
CAN I USE CHICKEN THIGHS?
You could totally make this with chicken thighs – follow my recipe for Honey Sriracha Chicken Thighs ⬅️ here.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO BAKE CHICKEN BREASTS?
Cooking time for chicken always depends on the size of the chicken breasts. In this recipe, chicken will bake for 20 minutes, covered, at 375˚F; then you will remove the cover and continue to bake for 15 minutes, or until chicken is done.
Chicken is cooked through when internal temperature reaches 165˚F on an instant read thermometer.
Optionally, the last 2 minutes I suggest to remove the chicken from the oven and scoop out a bit of the sauce into a small cup. Mix cornstarch into the sauce to make a slurry. Stir the slurry back into the baking dish; pop back in the oven for 1 to 2 more minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
- Store chicken in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
MORE BAKED CHICKEN RECIPES
- Easy Baked Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Herb Baked Chicken Breasts
- Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Flavor-packed, sweet and spicy oven baked Chicken Breasts slathered with the most delicious Honey Sriracha glaze.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 (1 pound total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- sesame seeds
- lime wedges
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
Combine sriracha sauce, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice, and garlic in a small mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly incorporated and set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a skillet.
Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, dried thyme, and dried basil.
Add chicken breasts to the hot skillet and cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until just browned.
Transfer chicken breasts to previously prepared baking dish.
Pour prepared honey-sriracha sauce over the chicken breasts, turning chicken over so to cover each chicken breast entirely.
Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove cover and continue to bake for 15 minutes more, or until chicken is cooked through. Cooking time will vary depending on the size/thickness of the chicken.
Remove chicken from oven and spoon out about 3 tablespoons of the sauce into a small cup. Whisk in the cornstarch; whisk until well combined.
Stir the cornstarch slurry back into the baking dish and put chicken back in the oven; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until sauce has slightly thickened.
Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
Spoon sauce over the chicken.
Garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds.
Serve with lime wedges.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 3
HOW TO STORE LEFTOVERS
- Store chicken in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.