This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS, maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, olives, glazes, capers, anchovies, onions, and the list goes ON and ON! Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Garlic Parmesan Sugar Snap Peas – Healthy, delicious and quick to make roasted sugar snap peas tossed in a crunchy and flavorful parmesan cheese mixture.
Hi ya, friends! How are you? Still dealing with food overload from Sunday? I sure am. And I’m still dreaming about a baking dish filled with cheesy creamy cauliflower that was sitting in front of me the entire time… I went for “seconds”. 6 times… still hoping that the hosts didn’t notice.
Because of the aforementioned reasons, I have the BEST IDEA for our mid-week veggie side dish: THIS
After that food coma the other day, all I want to focus on is green veggies and salads. With a side of parmesan cheese… the green container kind.
Important question: Do you love sugar snap peas? NO?! This recipe should change your mind, as long as you’re willing.
As luck would have it, I happen to love them, but only if prepared with some Roasted Garlic Olive Oil from STAR, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, and some panko crumbs for that lovely crunch.
First thing is first: Infused Olive Oils are every.thing. Can you think of anything better? STAR, in collaboration with Chef Ferran Adrià, carries a range of infused olive oils that are natural and original, and are an excellent addition to your favorite veggies, salads, fish, etc…
We all know that vegetables are great for us and that we need to eat more, but many vegetables pack a lot less flavor and it’s why people tend to ignore them. BUT, but, but we have a solution. The Roasted Garlic Olive Oil pumps up the flavor beyond your imagination and you will find yourself having a hard time sharing these sugar snap peas with your loved ones. You’ll see.
Let’s talk about how all this goes down.
Grab your veg, rinse it, dry it. Prepare a mixture of panko crumbs and grated parm cheese. Reach for your infused olive oil and toss it with the sugar snap peas. Then, toss that with your parmesan mixture. Arrange it all on a baking sheet; roast for about 15-ish, 20 minutes and you’re done!
Eat ’em up straight from the tray like I do, or skip the caveman age and serve them in a plate for everyone to share.
STAR Olive Oil with Roasted Garlic is available at select Walmart, Raley’s and Save Mart stores and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE GARLIC PARMESAN SUGAR SNAP PEAS
Garlic Parmesan Sugar Snap Peas
- 3 cups sugar snap peas , trimmed, rinsed, dried
- 3 tablespoons STAR Roasted Garlic Olive Oil (see notes if using regular olive oil)
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine sugar snap peas and olive oil in a mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl mix together panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the panko mixture to the sugar snap peas and toss to combine.
- Arrange in previously prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crispy, turning once during cooking.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.