Tender stuffed chicken breasts filled with melty cheese and asparagus. This Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts recipe takes only 30 minutes to make and is so amazingly good!
EASY & DELICIOUS STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
Quick and easy Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken filled with so much flavor, ready and on your table in 30 minutes? YEP! It’s also simple enough to prepare for any night of the week, yet elegant enough for a special occasion.
HOW TO MAKE ASPARAGUS STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
A low carb winner of a chicken dinner! These Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts are an easy Keto chicken dinner idea that your family will love.
- We are going to start with cutting pockets into the sides of 4 chicken breasts. Don’t cut all the way through.
- Then, we will drizzle some olive oil over each chicken breast and season all over with the perfect seasoning rub.
- Next step is to stuff the chicken breasts with mozzarella cheese and stalks of asparagus, and seal with toothpicks.
- In the meantime, you’ll want to heat up some olive oil in a cast iron skillet and add the chicken breasts to the hot skillet; sear for about 4 minutes per side, or until chicken is browned.
- Transfer skillet to a preheated oven and continue to cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven; take out the toothpicks, squeeze lemon juice over the chicken, and serve.
If you like easy, healthier dinner recipes that you can make in 30-ish minutes, this Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken should be your next meal.
TIPS: HOW TO MAKE PERFECT STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- To make a cut for stuffing the chicken, place one hand on top of the chicken breast to keep it steady.
- Insert a sharp knife in the middle of the thickest part and carefully cut three-quarters of the way through the middle.
- Place a slice, or two, of mozzarella cheese OR shredded mozzarella inside the pocket that you just cut and put 3 asparagus stalks on top of the cheese.
- Secure each chicken breast with toothpicks.
- If you have a cast iron skillet, I highly recommend using it for this recipe, but any oven-safe skillet is fine.
- In case that you do not have an oven-safe skillet, simply transfer the pan-seared chicken breasts to a baking dish and place in the oven.
HOW TO STORE STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
Leftovers should be placed in airtight containers and stored in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days.
To reheat, place chicken breasts in a 350F preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until heated through. You can also reheat in the microwave, but to avoid that rubbery texture, I advise to reheat them in the oven.
MORE STUFFED CHICKEN RECIPES
- Bruschetta Stuffed Balsamic Chicken
- Saucy Spinach and Cottage Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Goat Cheese, Bacon and Raisins Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe with Vegetables Rollups
This Cheesy Asparagus Stuffed Chicken takes only 30 minutes to make and it's keto friendly, low carb, and gluten free.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese, (you can use more cheese slices, if you want)
- 12 asparagus stalks, ends trimmed, divided
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice, for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F.
Heat 1-1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a small mixing bowl combine garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Rub the remaining extra virgin olive oil over each chicken breast and season chicken with prepared seasoning rub.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with mozzarella slices and asparagus; secure with toothpicks.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook until seared and golden on all sides; about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and continue to cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Remove from oven.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over chicken breasts and serve.
To make a cut for stuffing the chicken, place one hand on top of the chicken breast to keep it steady. Insert a sharp knife in the middle of the thickest part and carefully cut three-quarters of the way through the middle.
HOW TO STORE STUFFED CHICKEN BREASTS
- Leftovers should be placed in airtight containers and stored in the fridge for about 3 to 4 days.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 4
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!