Cilantro Vinaigrette Coleslaw – Deliciously crunchy cabbage slaw tossed with an awesome cilantro vinaigrette!
Hello, my friends! I hope you’re taking it easy on this sweet Sunday, drinking Happy Hour Lemonade, and getting your tan ON. Don’t forget your SPF 150 tanning lotion + a bottle of Sun In for the hair. Nothing is cuter than a little 90’s hair action at the community swimming pool. ✌
PLEASE AND ALSO? Put this Cilantro Vinaigrette Coleslaw on the menu for today/this afternoon/tonight/4eva, and while you’re at it, don’t forget some Steak and Mushroom Kabobs to go with it.
Do you know what amazingness happens… I mean, can you just imagine the flavorful-ness that happens when you combine lime juice and OJ and cilantro and olive oil and spices in a salad dressing bottle!?! It’s a tastebud-blowing experience. I promise you.
Hear me out. I.don’t.like.cilantro. Buuuuuut I *THINK* I have changed my mind. A taste of this pretty wonderful coleslaw and I was somewhat sold on the soapy taste of cilantro. There is so much love up there in that little bottle that my heart might have wanted to explode.
After I made the vinaigrette and tried it over my usual Tex Mex Chicken Salad, I knew it was time to mix it up a bit and make my 5-year-old girl extra happy by adding it to her favorite salad of all time – Red Cabbage Carrot Slaw.
Mah girl can eat an entire head of cabbage so long as it’s shredded and tossed with some vinegar and oil.
Honestly, it was no surprise to me when she and I finished up all that you see inside that bowl. An extra squeeze of lime juice sealed the deal, and we inhaled it so fast, almost as if someone was chasing us to steal our salad.
Please find 5 minutes today and make this Cilantro Vinaigrette Coleslaw! You can even cut that to 2 minutes if you buy the cabbage pre-shredded! Just a thought.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Cilantro Vinaigrette Coleslaw
FOR THE COLESLAW
- 1 head cabbage, shredded (at least 4 cups shredded cabbage)
- 1 large red onion, diced
FOR THE CILANTRO VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup low sugar orange juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 whole lime, juiced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Place shredded cabbage in a large salad bowl.
- Mix in diced onions and set aside.
- Combine olive oil, orange juice, vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper in a salad dressing shaker or a small bowl; whisk or shake until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour salad dressing over shredded cabbage and toss to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.