(No-Rise) Slow Cooker Basil Pesto Bread – This no-rise, no-fuss, SUPER DELICIOUS slow cooker bread is packed with basil pesto. It’s probably one of the most flavorful crock pot bread recipes you will ever make!
SLOW COOKER BREAD
FRIENDS! This slow cooker bread is SO easy to make, and it’s practically fool-proof!
But hey heeeey! Happy Thanksgiving week, you guys!! How are you’s? Have you prepared for America’s biggest food-day? Don’t forget your stretchy yoga pants. And a membership renewal at your local gym.
Hey, honest question. What do you think about swapping those dinner rolls with something that I like to call no-rise, no-fuss, SLOW COOKER Basil Pesto Bread? Do you like my idea or do you LIKE my idea?
In my mom’s household, dinner without bread is a huuuuge NO-NO. It’s like a slap to our Macedonian culture. Seriously. Let me put it to you this way – it’s like having tofurkey instead of turkey on Thanksgiving! OR NO TURKEY at all. Know what I mean?
With that in mind, and knowing my obsession with the slow cooker, I gave this bread recipe a few tries until I finally found the best combo of flavors, or the flavors that everyone will be happy with.
HOW TO MAKE BREAD IN THE SLOW COOKER
This recipe starts out with a bowl + all the ingredients inside. Once you combine all those ingredients together, you will turn out the dough onto a floured working surface and KNEAD for 5 MINUTES STRAIGHT. Set your timer. You will definitely need 5 minutes of kneading.
Next step is to just pop the dough inside a parchment paper-lined slow cooker, cover, and set it to cook for 2 hours on HIGH.
Know that the bread will not brown on top inside the slow cooker. To get it all browned up nicely, you’ll have to transfer the bread to a baking sheet and broil for about 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
Sooo, does that settle it? This pesto-loaded, savory, soft, perfectly textured bread is the only bread we will make for the rest of forever? DEAL!
Trust me, this 6 ingredient NO-RISE bread is sure to become a family favorite. You have got to give it a try. PLEASE!
I’ll stop begging.
BUT do it.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BASIL PESTO BREAD
(No-Rise) Slow Cooker Basil Pesto Bread
- 2 1/4 (2.25) teaspoons or 1 envelope, active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 (1.5) cups lukewarm water (about 105 degrees fahrenheit)
- 3 3/4 (3.75) cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dried parsley, for topping
- kosher salt, for topping
- Line a 6-quart slow cooker with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place yeast and sugar in a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Add water and continue to stir until combined.
- Add flour, olive oil, basil pesto, and salt; stir until combined and a shaggy dough begins to form.
- Turn out dough onto a floured working surface and knead for 5 minutes until dough is soft and smooth. *IF* dough is sticky, add a bit more flour, or about a tablespoon at a time.
- Place ball of dough in previously prepared slow cooker.
- Top with dried parsley and salt.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours, or until golden on bottom. Internal temperature should read 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove bread from slow cooker together with parchment paper and place on a baking sheet.
- Put under broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and set on a cooling rack.
- Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cut and serve.