One skillet and 30 minutes is all you will need to make this juicy and tender chicken breast recipe with veggies coated in a sweet and tangy honey balsamic sauce. Dinner is served!
The flavors in this Honey Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables recipe are the perfect combination of savory and sweet, plus tangy and delicious. This chicken recipe is another easy, one pan dinner that you can make in about 30 minutes.
Don’t know about you, friends, but I seriously am so thankful for chicken meat. Most days, I don’t know what I’d do without it. It is so versatile, and can be prepared in so many delicious ways, thus you don’t get bored from eating the same chicken dinner over and over again. Amiright?
Honey Balsamic Chicken is another easy, one pan chicken recipe that is moist and tender, prepared with a really good sauce, plus vegetables.
HOW TO PREPARE HONEY BALSAMIC CHICKEN BREAST
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Add chicken breasts to the skillet and cook about 7 minutes, or until you can easily flip it over. Turn chicken over; reduce heat to medium, and cook 6 more minutes or until done.
In the meantime prepare the HONEY BALSAMIC SAUCE
- In a mixing bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, honey, garlic, and seasonings.
Add half of the sauce to the chicken; turn chicken to coat and remove from skillet.
VEGETABLES THAT GO WELL WITH CHICKEN DINNERS
- Add broccoli and tomatoes to the skillet and cook for 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Remove from skillet.
- Add the rest of the sauce to the skillet and cook for a minute, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of skillet.
At this point, you can either add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and turn to coat, OR, grab the skillet and pour the sauce over the chicken and veggies.
If you’re looking for a heartier meal, you can easily pair this honey balsamic chicken recipe with a side of quinoa or brown rice.
LOOKING FOR MORE BALSAMIC RECIPES? HERE YOU GO:
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
One Skillet Honey Balsamic Chicken and Veggies Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3 to 4 cups grape tomatoes halved
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to the skillet, rounded side down.
- Cook about 7 minutes, or until you can easily flip it over.
- Turn chicken over; reduce heat to medium, and cook 6 more minutes or until cooked through and juice run clear.
- In the meantime, prepare the honey balsamic sauce.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, oil, honey, and seasonings in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add half of the honey balsamic mixture to skillet and turn chicken to coat.
- Remove chicken from skillet to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- Add broccoli and tomatoes to skillet and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; remove veggies from skillet.
- Return skillet to heat and stir in the rest of the honey balsamic sauce.
- Cook and stir for about 1 minute, scraping up all the browned bits from bottom of skillet. Drizzle the honey balsamic sauce over chicken and vegetables.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.