Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast – Melt in your mouth, tender Balsamic Pot Roast prepared in the slow cooker with potatoes and carrots!
Holy freaking flavors, right up in here! And you are going to love this all-in-one-pot amazing pot roast dinner!
Hey, YOU! Happy Sunday! Thank you for stopping by!
This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS.Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Have you ever seen such beauty in a piece of meat?! Prolly not. Honestly, I think I may have officially found our favorite pot roast recipe. No, joke. It’s all in the marinade. The balsamic-vinegar-seasonings-concoction is truly scrumptious, you’ll want to pick up the bowl and slurp it up.
BALSAMIC VINEGAR FOR MARINADES
Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is best for marinades because it is aged in oak casks, and because of the aging, this vinegar is much thicker than other balsamic vinegars, and the oak gives it a distinctive undertone.
If you’ve been with me for a while, you definitely know that I love using my crock pot, but using it for bigger cuts of meat is a new thing for me and I regret that I waited so long to try it out.
HOW TO MAKE POT ROAST IN THE SLOW COOKER
The best part about said comfort food is that this Slow Cooker Balsamic Pot Roast barely takes any time at all. I mean, in as far as preparing it. Like, 10 to 12 minutes. Unless you want to sear it before popping it inside the crock pot. In that case, you’ll need an extra 15-ish minutes.
OH! And let’s talk about the other BEST part: the carrots and potatoes! Those also get cooked right inside the crock pot, underneath the rump roast, soaking up all those full flavored juices.
Second. This is the perfect meal for your Holiday dinner, but I don’t know if I can even make it to Christmas to try it again. IT’S SO GOOD. Perfectly seasoned, JUICY, garlicky… very garlicky… and sweet and savory and bit tangy. I cannot say enough good things about it.
What I CAN say is that you need to make it and try it for yourself, a.s.a.p. M’kayyy? Good.
Have a great Sunday!! XO
STAR Ferran Adria Signature Series Extra Virgin Olive Oil is available exclusively at select Safeway, Vons and Albertsons (Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Nevada, Utah & Colorado) stores, and ONLINE.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE BALSAMIC POT ROAST
- 2 pounds small potatoes , halved
- 1 pound baby carrots
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 3 to 3.5 pounds boneless rump roast
- 6 garlic cloves , halved lengthwise
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup STAR Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1/4 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place carrots and potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Make 12 incisions around the meat and insert a slice of garlic into each.
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
Add roast to the skillet and sear on all sides until browned; about 5 minutes per side.
Remove from skillet and place the roast over carrots and potatoes. Set aside.
In a medium sized mixing bowl combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, beef broth, dijon mustard, brown sugar, oregano, thyme, basil and nutmeg; whisk until well combined.
- Slowly pour the balsamic mixture over and around the roast. If needed, use your hands to coat it evenly.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours OR on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours. Roast is done when internal temperature reaches at least 145-degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove meat and let rest at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into thin slices and serve with prepared potatoes and vegetables.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 11