This is a sponsored post by Hunt’s tomatoes. All opinions are 100% my own.
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers – Loaded with spicy pork sausage, rice and tomatoes, these hearty and flavor-loaded peppers are the easiest and most perfect meal to serve to your family, and are also great for game day parties!
It wouldn’t be Fall without a classic recipe made in the crock pot now would it?! Better YET, it wouldn’t be game-day-season around here without my spicy, juicy, and pretty darn irresistible crock pot stuffed peppers.
P.S. This is also how we enjoyed the playoff games the other night! OMG! I couldn’t breathe. I ran toward the TV a gazillion times, screaming at the team, all while holding onto my plate and my big ol’ peppers! Such an exciting time for Chicago sports fans!
This is just the epitome of autumn for me. Right here. RIGHT HERE. I would dive in straight through this screen if I could.
These babes are stuffed with what is the best pepper-stuffing according to me, and I think I have a pretty reliable palate.
The thing with stuffed peppers is that it’s alllllll about the stuffing so ya better use what is good for ya, and that includes;
Hot pork sausage + Hunt’s Recipe Ready Paste + Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes + loads of garlic + onions + seasonings.
The best thing to happen to this pork sausage is that pretty swirl of Hunt’s Recipe Ready Paste. For one, the paste is already seasoned, and two, it is made with all-natural tomatoes picked at the peak of ripeness. Hunt’s Recipe Ready Paste is also a convenient way to add tomato paste to any dish with two tablespoons of pre-measured tomato paste, which is the most common serving size for recipes.
I always want to feel good about what I’m serving to my family, and Hunt’s makes all that possible.
My OTHER favorite thing about stuffed peppers is that they’re customizable. I use pork sausage ’cause it’s da best, but you could use ground beef, turkey or chicken. So much room for possibilities! But don’t omit the tomato paste and tomatoes. You want that juicy, moist, sweet and tangy stuffing that only the paste and tomatoes can provide.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 6 bell peppers , tops and seeds removed (reserve tops)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion , diced
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 pound hot ground pork
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pouch HUNT'S RECIPE READY TOMATO PASTE
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) HUNT'S DICED TOMATOES, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/3 cup water
- dollop of nonfat plain yogurt , optional
- Prepare the bell peppers and set them aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat; add diced onions and cook for 2 minutes, or until translucent.
- Stir in garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add ground pork to the skillet and break it up with a spatula or wooden spoon while it cooks.
- Season with salt, pepper, and thyme; stir and continue to cook until browned on all sides, about 5 to 7 minutes. Carefully drain and discard grease.
- Set skillet over heat and mix in the tomato paste.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and rice; cook for 2 more minutes, or just until heated through.
- Remove from heat and stuff each bell pepper with ground meat mixture.
- Arrange stuffed bell peppers in the crock pot.
- Place the reserved tops back onto each bell pepper.
- Pour water around the base of the peppers.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours or on HIGH for about 4 hours.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt.
WW Smart Points: 10
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hunt’s . The opinions and text are all mine.
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy